French Révolution

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't see this posted here yet - picked up from another forum.

French motorcyclists are protesting proposed rules to outlaw lane-splitting and filtering. Not that we would know much about that in the northeast US...

French motorcyclists more angry than ever UK France Bikers.com

Great vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTi5PyWeraA]YouTube - Manifestation FFMC Paris 13/03/2010[/ame]

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a great demonstration as to how much space would be required if all the bikers took up the same space as a car. This is the same reason that filtering is allowed here, as it takes up much less space than everyone sitting in the traffic jam :thumbup:.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
its not allowed here, but some of us do it anyway, including myself. we really dont have much in the way of gridlock except at certain times of day for a couple blocks never more than that.

the problem isnt potentially getting a ticket....its that people will sometimes intentionally move to impede your progress and make you stop behind them....for no other reason than they are miserable losers that are so vindictive and self-centred that if they have to wait people that COULD have gotten through have to wait behind them as well.....and its not like we're slowing them down any once we filter past either.

that really is one of my pet peeves when people do that.

i love this french rally. LOVE it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes , I also just saw this on local SoCalRiders email I get. Those guys are pi$$ed and I don't blame them!

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that was a TON of bikes! Many of them were naked or streetfighter.:rockon: +1 on the scooter wheelie.:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome. I hope they get what they want. About time people start to stand up for themselves in a nasty but peaceful way by giving @$$holes EXACTLY what they want, then asking, "is this really what you want?"

Gr8 thread!

Cheers.:thumbup:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
I counted several FZ6 in there. The variety of those bikes is amazing. I wish I had HD on my laptop and enough time to pause and study each bike. What an awesome motorcycling community all you lucky Europeans have!

....its that people will sometimes intentionally move to impede your progress and make you stop behind them

This makes me crazy too. What's the point? If you're lucky, you can squeeze behind the person blocking you and slip around to their right.