From now on only sport tyres anymore!!!

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
As you probably already read in previous threads I now have a cbr600f '11.
Wel, now I rode it in and I'm now doing the more serious corners in my neighborhood. And I'm now talking specifically about highway corners. On my fz6 I always had sport-touring tires like the bt 21 and dunlop roadsmart. In those high speed corners I never really had trust in my tyre's. But now with my new bike I suddenly do have a lot of trust on the edge of my tyres at high speeds.(more than 100km/h) It appears that my new bike has bt-12's. And the difference is night and day. I always thought that sportstyres were nothing for me because I was a bit afraid of the shape of it. Sportstyres seem to have a shape which makes you kind of a fall in to the corner. Well, now with those tyres everything just changes. The bike feels super stable in the corners and my chickenstripes are almost completely gone. On my previous tyres there always remained that last part which I couldn't get off. :)
So no more sport-touring tyres for me. :)

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not all sport tires have the same shape, different brands have different shapes.
I had pilot road 2's on my fz6 and lost all chicken strips on em. Even rode of the arrow indicating which way to mount it on your rim.

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Drinky. I have used about every tire maker and type there is and I fell in love with the Michelin Pilot 2CT's. I scrubbed the hell out of them all the way to the outer edges. All on the FZ6.....Not to take away from your CBR, but with the right tire, your FZ would have scrubbed those chicken stripes off too.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm with Drinky. I have used about every tire maker and type there is and I fell in love with the Michelin Pilot 2CT's. I scrubbed the hell out of them all the way to the outer edges. All on the FZ6.....Not to take away from your CBR, but with the right tire, your FZ would have scrubbed those chicken stripes off too.

Actually that is just my point. If I still would ride my fz6 I probably never would have tried sport tyres. The biggest difference between the fz6 and the cbr are the tyres. I wish I mounted sport tyres on my fz6 before. :) But I have to say that the clip-ons on my cbr makes taking high speed corners feel more naturally. But on the other hand slow speeds feel less good. But it is not like the cbr rr. On that bike it really felt strange to take a low speed roundabout. You really need to steer with your entire body then. And on low speeds it is kind of a strange.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Not all sport tires have the same shape, different brands have different shapes.
I had pilot road 2's on my fz6 and lost all chicken strips on em. Even rode of the arrow indicating which way to mount it on your rim.

I didn't know that. But I'm not a big fan of michelin because from several sources I heard some negative things. My dealer said he stopped selling michelins because he was tired of the warranty claims. Now he is a bridgestone only dealer. And he says he has to bring in perhaps only one tyre a year for warranty. And with that other story on this forum about the pilot road 3... A pall of me had some issue's with michelin too...So perhaps the bridgestones don't offer the same grip levels, but at least they don't tend to come off while riding. :)