From stearing head bearings?

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just washed the bike and took a 20min ride. I noticed a "Click" in the front end when stopping at a stop sign. I found a parking-lot and did it a few more times. Like 10 mph and grab the front breaks hard. I saw this when i got home:confused: I elevated the front and could not feel and play in the forks. Looks like rusty grease:eek: Could it be my bearings?

FZ6 has been known to have under lubed steering bearings. Probably wouldn't hurt to get a set of Allballs bearing set and lube and install new ones.

Yep! Lower race was so bad it had "Patina":eek: order allballs:thumbup: it was not to bad, but a pain to get off. Top stearing nut came off with my hand(not the lock nut):eek: Maybe this will fix that highspeed shake that has been haunting me:confused: Last time i had the front wheel off(2 weeks ago i didn't feel any play?) Could the bearings go bad "just like that". I hope ican get her back on the road before next month.:thumbup:

Upgrading to taper roller bearings is probably the best mod you can do. The OEM setup is cheap and nasty, mine started knocking at 3000 miles. After fitting allballs I couldn't believe the difference.
Not too difficult to change, you bike should be up and running in no time.

FZ6-ZN - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

Back