front turn signals with streetfighter headlight

MasterAtArms

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a laid over fz6 with no headlight/front fairing I am considering the purchase of a streetfighter headlight that has no turn signals built in. Any ideas on mounting turn signals? I was going to go with some ebay universale cheapos.

How ever you choose to mount your headlight is where I would mount the signals, wether it be through Cush clamps or a homemade setup like mine

I just looked at the thread I had about it and it seems all my pics are gone!!! I guess I'll have to take some new ones in the morning

Very nice I dig it!

How would you get something like these clamped to the front?

31uEsB-PlWL._SS400_.jpg

or rather...these

41JB-KvLAzL._SS400_.jpg

Here's the pics

The last picture shows what I'm holding everything to the forks with, they are 1 1/2" stand off Cush clamps, which can be purchased at almost any hardware store. This is actually my 3rd set up, the po put it on with what looked like aluminum Popsicle sticks and zip ties..., so I used the same measurements but used some good aluminum flat stock, and some alu. Angle. I also put the Cush clamps on instead of that BS the po had. I still wasn't happy because looking at it from the side it had some big holes where you could see my ballast and all the wires, so I made this setup, for one to hide all the wires and to mount the speedo more securely, seeing how I broke the mounting tabs after some hard mountain riding. As far as the Cush clamps go, they work perfect, I even put nut serts in them so my dash will bolt right to it with out fighting with nuts, they make actual fork clamps but they are more than double the price of Cush clamps and are the same exact thing. When or if you go to buy some if they dont know what a standoff Cush clamp is, tell them it's a clamp made to hold copper pipe off the wall with out the wall it's self touching it or needing any unistrut to mount a clamp to either, but the most important thing it needs to have is the insulator, which is some sort of heat resistant hard plastic that gives the clamps the "cushion"

That's a nice clean setup there, ChevyFazer!

I've done mine twice now (converted, that is). Originally I used the Buell headlight. The first setup I used flat stock aluminum to mount the headlight and drilled some holes in the flat stock to mount the signals.

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

I finally found some cheap fork brackets that already had holes drilled in that position, so I changed out the brackets and mounted them the same way on the fork brackets.

Now that I've switched to the VS-02 headlight, they're mounted to the sides of the headlight (it's already set up to accept them). I'm now using Rizoma turn signals and mounting plates from PJ's Parts. The plates simply "fill up" the holes so the smaller signals can be used (as the headlight is made to accept the larger Yamaha turn signals).

04bc14fa.jpg

1b1b2ecd.jpg

I saw those strips last fall and thought that if Speed Triples and similar bikes could mount the signals on the Radiator shrouds then I could put some LED light bars there for signals. I set out to have something different after this winter and it came out kinda nice.

Thats awesome! What did you do with the wires?

Since I went with the dual headlights I had to tuck a lot of the wiring into the frame. The relays and all that are in there but the signal wires come out of the holes in the frame and run to the signals. I covered them with double black wire loom and they have a HR Gigeresque look to them going up the outside of the frame and into the bike. I am looking into ways to fasten them to the frame now so it is a little tighter. But all in all it looks pretty much how I imagined it would and I like it.

Back