Fuelly.com

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Not many people logging consistent averages over 50mpg US. That seem right to you?

Yamaha FZ6 MPG Reports | Fuelly

I logged a short 600 mile weekend of driftless region twisties loaded down with 80lbs of crap and pulled 48 and 51. :scratch

Any of you have a logon over there? Thinking I might start tracking mine, out of pure curiosity. I'm not a hypermiling nerd, but I do wonder, particularly with slow dopey bikes like the NC700 claiming mid 60s...

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I am really close to that magic 50 mpg average. I'm in the middle of a week long trip now that will send me above the limit when I finish entering all data.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On my 6 day, 2600 mile trip with Cali rider in June I got between 42.9 and 61.5 depending on the wind, mph (highway time) and elevation. I always get my best mpg when on a ride with Cali rider, he's just soooo smooth with his right wrist. :thumbup:

You can click on my Fuelly icon in my sig for more details.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use Fuelly religiously - all except the first two tanks since buying my Fizzer.

Check sig. (50 fill ups, thus far)

Cheers,
Rick

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for an all-day ride with the GF, who does not ride quickly and hates the interstate.

We mostly putzed along state and county highways, a few little rural roads, and then I slabbed it home at 80mph the last 30 miles. Another 30 miles of commuting aggression later, I filled up @ 258 miles, 4.4 gallons, just over 58mpg.

That's ridiculous. I never see mileage like that riding alone, but then I'm usually hitting the throttle like a crack pipe. :lol3 Average thus far is about 52.

I have to wonder about the new Honda NC700 claiming 70mpg. I basically rode my Fazer like a 50hp bike the other day and got nearly 60... I'm thinking theirs is not much of an accomplishment.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride as economically as possible, within reason, and my daily commute of 110kms return gives me 3 days and I'm looking for a servo. Sure, I have to go up a bloody big hill, and my commute is split almost 50/50 between 110km and 60km zones, but over 50mpg is just a pipe-dream...

I use 98RON unleaded, my aircleaner is clean, my tyres are the correct pressure, my Iridium plugs are good etc.

I get low to mid 40s.

Cheers,
Rick

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has dealt with switching from regular unleaded to unleaded/ethanol fuel? Seems like when I had to start filling my cage up with unleaded/ethanol fuel the MPG suffered (that's the excuse I used to convince my wife into letting me get a bike).;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Until recently I was getting 33mpg, I changed the way I was using the throttle and my best thus far was 63mpg.
I haven't added a fill up for a while so I will sort it out.

Neil

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Just curious if anyone has dealt with switching from regular unleaded to unleaded/ethanol fuel?

10% ethanol in all of our 87 (R+M/2) octane gas here, and mileage does suffer. Don't leave it untreated over the winter either, ethanol bonds with water and becomes gummy within a month or two.