Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is how I wear my helmet. :BLAA:

BzfZG.jpg

Christian67

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a system helmet (LS2 -ff386) with Scala G4 intercom for my iPhone and connection to my Wife.

Sub 50 km/t in the city, I might ride with the helmet open faced, but with the sun visor down to protect my eyes from bugs and other issues, under normal situations, I use the helmet closed and visor ALMOST closed, just a couple of millimeter opening. This because I need the extra air vent.

If I could get enough air, and keep the silence , I would ride with the visor closed. I do get some calls on the road.

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the Shoei Qwest. Comfortable, quiet and with a very large aperture, designed with touring in mind.
Having been stung with the visor open, I ride with it mostly shut, but like many town riders, I often flip open at lights then flip down as I ride off. In London lights can be too close together so it gets left either open or shut depending.
On really hot days I use the side lever to crack it open a notch. Clever design that. Its not a whole click on the ratchet but lets more air in than the vents, which on this model don't let in bugs or rain.