FZ1 Bar Positioning

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the FZ1 bar a couple weeks ago, and although I think it's much more comfortable than stock, I want to see how others have installed the bars. I put them on slanted down a bit. Do you have your slanted down or more parallel to the ground?

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the FZ1 bar a couple weeks ago, and although I think it's much more comfortable than stock, I want to see how others have installed the bars. I put them on slanted down a bit. Do you have your slanted down or more parallel to the ground?

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to get mine just right. For now it's about parallel to the ground, (maybe just a tad up). A few more miles, and I'll have it just right.:rockon:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them angled down as far back as they will go while still giving about 1/4"-1/2" clearance between the controls and tank at full lock. Any more and my hands hit the tank when maneuvering it around the garage. I've had FZ1 bars for so long now that I don't even remember what the stock ones were like. However I do remember that when I switched over the bike felt much more nimble. It was easier to throw it into corners and really made the handling feel more confidence inspiring.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
You have to find out what works for you.:thumbup:
The same with the levers after you put the bars on the bike. :eek:

Don't be afraid to try new positions.;):sinister:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them down a bit now, but they will hit the tank when I'm backing out of a space or moving it. Like you said, I guess I'll have to check out other positions.

Yasko, you have yours up a bit? I would figure that would be awkward....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them angled down as far back as they will go while still giving about 1/4"-1/2" clearance between the controls and tank at full lock. Any more and my hands hit the tank when maneuvering it around the garage. I've had FZ1 bars for so long now that I don't even remember what the stock ones were like. However I do remember that when I switched over the bike felt much more nimble. It was easier to throw it into corners and really made the handling feel more confidence inspiring.

+1! As far down as they will go, but not so far that they would hit the tank. I had about 1/4" clearance at full lock.

On my FZ1, I have them tilted down a bit more than that. It's definitely a matter of personal preference.