Need Help fz6 2006 fuel injectors not getting any power

Forthelols

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi! I need help with my fz6, it wasn't started for 3 or 4 months and suddenly didn't start and showed a error code 46, I did some research and found out it was a not normal voltage error for the FI system. The bike has a brand new battery so i ruled that out, when started it primes and cranks but doesn't run, i know the spark plugs work and the individual fuel injectors work, so i checked the nominal voltage(positive lead to the red wire with blue stripe, and the negative to the battery while the ignition is on) and it vas only 0,043V and i have read and been told that the nominal voltage needs to be 12v and the ecu controls the ground connection. Right now i am really stuck and would appreciate all the help i could get. oh and i have checked all the fuses and relay pins all where fine.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to our great forum!
The next part of trouble shooting this is to be sure the voltage supply is getting to the fuel injectors. Since you have supply voltage to the fuel pump you should have supply voltage to the injectors. Recheck to see you have 12vdc at the fuel pump and check the fuel injector supply (Red with blue tracer). If you don't see the 12vdc at fuel injectors but see it at the fuel pump you may have and open wire to the fuel injectors. If this proves to be the case you should be able to run a jumper to the fuel injector supply line and start the bike. Before you do this you'll want be sure this side of the supply line is not pinched to ground. For this reason I suggest disconnecting the fuel injection supply wire to isolate it from a possible ground on the fuel injector side.
You may have a wide open in the harness. It wouldn't be the the first time a rodent gnawed through a wire.

Last edited:

Forthelols

Reaction score
Visit site
im probably just goanna take the easy rout and jump the 12vdc from the pump, because everything else seems to be working i don't want to take a part the whole wiring harness rather just jump it, i don't think its rodent damage cause everything else works and there isn't a obvious damaged spot, i think i accidentally might have damaged the wire working on it previously, and dont think its worth it to try and find where. btw thx for the replies.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
im probably just goanna take the easy rout and jump the 12vdc from the pump, because everything else seems to be working i don't want to take a part the whole wiring harness rather just jump it, i don't think its rodent damage cause everything else works and there isn't a obvious damaged spot, i think i accidentally might have damaged the wire working on it previously, and dont think its worth it to try and find where. btw thx for the replies.
Better to repair it properly for a number of reasons. You can prove it out by the jumping but if any of the wiring has been pinched to ground you'll always have a potential for failure at a moment that causes a mishap or put's you in a hazardess situation.
I recommend this for your safety, the safety of others and those that care about you.

Forthelols

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the reply and ur right, its better to fix it properly, i have went trough schematics and tested thing and i think i found the real culprit its the starting circuit cutoff relay (5vk-81950-30), se img green highlight, it shows that the red with blue trace wire is connected with the 12vdc red wire separated by a normally open switch that connects them together when the main switch is turned on, but for some reason it doesn't work maybe because its old or something, but i will test it by jumping the 12vdc red wire to the red with blue stripe and seeing if its fixed if that's the case i will replace the relay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Unfortunately we are not allowed to post Yamaha copy on the forum.
You are correct except I thought you said you have fuel pump voltage. If you have fuel pump voltage, that relay is passing current and you should have fuel injector current. If you don't have fuel pump voltage the relay may be at fault but if there are other problems the ECU will not provide a ground path for the relay to activate. an example would be if the lean angle sensor tells the ECU the bike is on it's side. The ECU would not allow the fuel injector relay to activate. Look at the rest of the circuit and suspect a possible sensor problem where the ECU thinks there is a problem.

Last edited:

Forthelols

Reaction score
Visit site
update, just tested with a relay i borrowed and it didn't work so your right it isn't the relay i think i need to do a load test on the battery and maybe exchange it for a better one, at the start i ruled the battery out because it was brand new but maybe its just a weak battery.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What is the voltage of the battery and does it spin the motor when you het the starter? Again look at the voltage at the fuel pump and at the fuel injection fuel line. If the battery is being run down it needs to be recharged. do you have a battery charger?

Forthelols

Reaction score
Visit site
so the battery voltage is 12.4V and when starting dips to 8.5V the voltage at the pump and injectors while pressing the starter is 11.8V and yes i have a charger and charged it before measuring

but now i dont think its the battery because i tried to jump it with a car battery and it still didn't start and showed the error code 46 (FI system not normal voltage) as before, and i am thinking this could be a bit to much for me and to let a professional take a look

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay. The voltage when cranking (8.5vdc) is low but I don't understand how the voltage at the fuel pump and injectors is 11.8 vdc at the same time. Make a jumper from the red wire on the relay assembly to the red with blue tracer wire. This should bypass the relay. If it starts then the ECU is likely not turning on the relay. Pull the ECU plug and check for any corrosion. If the plug looks good. The ECU may be seeing a problem.
Check the plug on the lean angle cutoff switch.

Last edited: