FZ6 Air Filter by Emgo # 12-95882

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't find any site selling this for an FZ6? I'm interested if its OEM spec and fit.

Its Emgo which is NOT OEM.

Partzilla- Partzilla.com - OEM Powersports Parts from Honda, Kawasaki Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha at discounts up to 80% off MSRP

should have it (I don't know your year bike to look it up).

Not to take away from the Op, but I know, in at least an oil filter, Emgo's oil filter(for a KLR 250-cartridge) did NOT have as many pleats as a K&N. You could actualy count less pleats(less surface area).

The air filter may be the same as OEM, I don't know, I never had the opportunity to compare them.

It is easily half the price thou as OEM..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested if its OEM spec and fit.

Its Emgo which is NOT OEM.

Part #9; Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2006 FZ-6 - FZS6V INTAKE Diagram

Not to take away from the Op, but I know, in at least an oil filter, Emgo's oil filter(for a KLR 250-cartridge) did NOT have as many pleats as a K&N. You could actualy count less pleats(less surface area).

The air filter may be the same as OEM, I don't know, I never had the opportunity to compare them.

It is easily half the price thou as OEM..

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry not to disturb the sale...isn't that the original air filter can be washed and re-used? I did it once when I got the bike last year, I cleaned and washed it and it still does it job just fine as I tested the air flow and checked it recently as it's actually catching dust and looked dirty and when I cleaned it up again last 2 months.

Thx,
jh

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry not to disturb the sale...isn't that the original air filter can be washed and re-used? I did it once when I got the bike last year, I cleaned and washed it and it still does it job just fine as I tested the air flow and checked it recently as it's actually catching dust and looked dirty and when I cleaned it up again last 2 months.

Thx,
jh

The original is paper and NOT designed to be cleaned..

How you cleaned it without damaging it, I'd like to know.

Last edited:

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
I washed it by water, and blew it with air compressor...maybe and it's still ok...maybe the previous owner replaced original with washable one? but mine looks fine after washing and air blowing..:confused: