Fz6 first bike!

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for a bike for the past month or so. Went through a couple of dealerships and couldn't find anything that sparked my interest. Even went to a Yamaha dealership and didn't like anything. Went to a Honda dealership down the road here in California and saw my 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sittin there. Sounds cheesy, but I knew I wanted that bike as soon as I saw it. A couple weeks later and many trips to the bank, finally picked her up for $3,700.

She's got 20k miles on it but runs beautifully! This is my first ever street bike. I grew up riding dirtbikes since I was 4 and man I must say, this bike is really easy to pick up and go on yet I can feel it holding back every second I'm riding it. Anyways, just wanted to tell my story! Lookin' forward to be a contribution to the forum!

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome :welcome:

Sounds like you picked it up for a decent price from a dealer! Enjoy the ride, and try not to get bit by the mod bug :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for a bike for the past month or so. Went through a couple of dealerships and couldn't find anything that sparked my interest. Even went to a Yamaha dealership and didn't like anything. Went to a Honda dealership down the road here in California and saw my 2006 Yamaha FZ6 sittin there. Sounds cheesy, but I knew I wanted that bike as soon as I saw it. A couple weeks later and many trips to the bank, finally picked her up for $3,700.

She's got 20k miles on it but runs beautifully! This is my first ever street bike. I grew up riding dirtbikes since I was 4 and man I must say, this bike is really easy to pick up and go on yet I can feel it holding back every second I'm riding it. Anyways, just wanted to tell my story! Lookin' forward to be a contribution to the forum!
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the super fast S1 model,

Neil

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from Michigan! I too just got my hands on an FZ6 after riding dirt for years and I agree that it is a very forgiving bike as long as you respect it and the power it has. Hope you enjoy it!

Griff1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha thanks guys! Yeah I love it! And unfortunately I've already been exposed to the mod bug :/

I've spent the last couple of months modding my mustang before I picked up my bike and now my desire to tweak things is starting to shift towards my bike. I really want to put new exhaust cans on it but I fear that might just make my desire to mess with it run rampant haha. For now, I guess riding it will have to suffice haha.

Also, any riders in central or socal, hit me up if you ever want to go riding!