FZ6 S2 5th - 6th gear change

Phil FZ6 Yarm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guy's just wondering if anyone is having (or has had) problems shifting to 5th and 6th? At first I thought it might be my boots as it seems to change about 90% but won't go the final 10% to change gear, but it doesn't happen all the time????? Am gonna take it back to the dealer as its under warranty, but just wanted to know if this is a common problem or not?

thanks sideshow, I spent an hour on an industrial estate this morning trying different techniques, full clutch travel, different boots, different rev's, different speeds etc. The problems still there but only intermitantely i.e. there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, it's also affecting 3rd gear! So am putting it back into the shop next week for them to sort! Will post what happens next! Apart from this gear problem the FZ6 is one of the nicest bikes I've ridden!

Woo Hoo! Problem is gone! Turned out to be just an adjustment problem with the shifting (gear change) linkage. The rod going between the shifter (gear pedal) and the box just needed a turn to raise the pedal slightly, now its perfect!

Back