FZ6 S2, front fairing on S1?

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been asked prob 100 times on here, can't seem to find an old thread, Is it possible to put an S2 front fairing on an S1, are the holding brackets completely different, is there a work around? Just asking cause I have the Diamond black S1, 10,000 miles, suspension set for my weight, pipes extras etc.. so don't want to sell her to get an S2, I just wouldn't mind adding colour to her,
First pic my bikes livery

Second pic, I'd buy the rear plastic slips with the black silver and Orange and
front end to fit on my S1 if possible

Any help greatly appreciates folks

Attachments

• 2005_diamond_black.jpg
    2005_diamond_black.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2009_autumn_orange (1).jpg
    2009_autumn_orange (1).jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 16

DeepBarney

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're just wanting a color change, and none of your bodywork is damaged, have you considered having your tank and plastics painted? Probably not much more cost wise than a good set of plastics and different color tank.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would venture to say that it would cost about $1,000-$1,500 plus to have the painted parts painted. That’s without any repairs. Even if you did it yourself you are still looking at $400-$500 in material.

For a simple color change I might try to have parts wrapped.

My understanding from prior questions on this forum lead me to think that the S1 and S2 fairings are not interchangeable.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Paul Myrus

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys, I did think the front fairing wouldn't work, I think I will get some of the body work wrapped, cheaper than painting, I know an expert who does that type of thing, thanks again lads!

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I'd like to put a S2 style windscreen setup on my S1, to see if that would cure the buffeting. It's driven me crazy since I bought this FZ6 new in 2004 and I've tried three windscreens already. (Stock, Tall Yamaha, and Puig which I have now.)

The horrible wind noise and buffeting is the only real downfall on this bike, since I modified the brakes and suspension. But it's a big downfall, as it is really annoying.