FZ6 Speedometer problems

danielddye

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2007 FZ6 definitely has speedo issues. Last night on the freeway my speedo read 60 mph and my riding partner's, '06 kawi vulcan 900, read 80+. I've also ridden with another buddy, '08 FZ1, and mine also reads 7-15 mph lower than his.

Has anyone else experienced this? What's the fix?

speedohealer can fix odometer problems to but if your speedo is off so is you odometer. Have you put different sprockets on it to cause this change.

speedohealer can fix odometer problems to but if your speedo is off so is you odometer. Have you put different sprockets on it to cause this change.

Yes and no. Straight from the factory, the speedometer is off. However, the odometer is correct.

Changing the signal to correct the speedometer will cause the odometer to lose calibration. You can only have one or the other, unless you can get inside the gauge cluster and find where the input wire splits.

My 2007 FZ6 definitely has speedo issues. Last night on the freeway my speedo read 60 mph and my riding partner's, '06 kawi vulcan 900, read 80+. I've also ridden with another buddy, '08 FZ1, and mine also reads 7-15 mph lower than his.

Has anyone else experienced this? What's the fix?

Your speedometer is reading much lower than actual speed. This is the opposite of what most people report, i.e., that the speedometer indicates that you are going faster than actual. (The theory being that this is intentional so you can't blame Yamaha if you get a speeding ticket.) If you have not changed sprockets, then it sounds like you have a defective speedometer or vehicle speed sensor or some other problem. If the bike is still under warranty, I'd take it to a dealer and have them fix it to at least get you back to the intentional over-indication of speed.

Back