Speedometer corrector problem

Koozi

Reaction score
Visit site
My 06 FZ6 is making me crazy! Short-story-long

Years ago I re-geared (15-48) and it made the speedo even worse than stock. So I bought a SpeedoHealer v3 and set it up. No problems with it at all until late last fall.

It started to lose its settings so that the speedo always read 0, no matter how fast I was going. I figured it was loosing power so I hard wired the small red wire to the license plate light connection, which I had never used since I put the fender eliminator on almost 10 years ago.

It would still revert to a 0 only reading sometimes but almost always flipping the dip switches in a repeat of the setup procedure would get it back to a working condition. I figured the flash memory was failing.

It never failed while I was riding, just on start up, and I ~think~ only on the first start of the day, never as I was riding or subsequent starts.

Winter came and I put the bike away for a couple of months. Now that it is warmer I have removed the SpeedoHealer and replaced it with a 12 O'clock Labs SpeedoDRD Model: Y1. It plugged right in but does not work! Speedo reads 0 no matter what.

What I have tried/found:
Speedometer works if I plug the factory connections back into each other.

The test generator signals for the Y1 will communicate with the speedometer-all 3 frequencies.

I have set and reset the correction percentage into the Y1.

I have e-mailed 12 O'clock Labs with all the details to see what they think is going on but I wonder what some of you guys think while I am waiting to hear back from them.

I do have some codes if I run the diagnostics. But I don't know how old they are and I don't think I have a way to clear them because I have bypassed my kill switch. It messed up a couple of years ago and now I use the key to shut it off. I never realized it was used to clear codes untl this morning...

I am hunting a working kill switch if anyone has any leads.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Check with Skooter65 for the kill switch. He often parts out FZ6 bikes and can usually get just what you need. Otherwise, you could check eBay for a used one. There is always the brand-new route if you can find it from a parts supplier, but it'll be more expensive.

Koozi

Reaction score
Visit site
Well good news. I got a reply email from 12oclock labs this morning. We talked back and forth for a couple of replies each and they solved my problem.

All it needed was a factory reset. The how to was in the one page user manual. Sad to say I did not read that far and did not think to try it before calling out for help.

Anyway...it is fixed and works GREAT.

And, how about some spectacular customer service! Reply emails on a Sunday morning, and it was Easter Sunday too.