FZ6 to Street Triple

Thanks Darek. It is a blast. I'd love to tell you I've flogged the hell out of it but it's gotta stay under 60mph for the first 300 miles which is f**king killing me. They set the shift light to 5k rpm and it goes off like every time I shift it.

I suppose I'll post it on born.

Congrats, looked at a used one Saturday, didn't ride it but just sitting on it the feel was so light. Has me seriously considering. Just have to tell my daughter she will have to pay for tuition next semester. :)

School is over rated. My girlfriend student loans just came in and uhh...we won't even discuss what the total is. In other words, buy one :D

Today was the day fellas.

IMG_20121022_191039.jpg

Nice bike.:thumbup:

Last edited:
How's the ergos? Is it easy to ride? Does it fill ok going slow around town, or does it want to run? How's the wind at 75mph? Do people stop to check it out, and ask you what it is?:confused::confused::confused:

Gorgeous bike! And I'm looking at going to a daytona 675, which I believe is the same engine? (not positive)

Just wondering on how the torque down low compares to the FZ6...

Gorgeous bike! And I'm looking at going to a daytona 675, which I believe is the same engine? (not positive)

Just wondering on how the torque down low compares to the FZ6...

It's the same engine is the same way an FZ6 and an R6 have the same engine. Same pistons, block, crank, etc. Difference cams, ECU tune, intake, exhaust.

Yasko said:
How's the ergos? Is it easy to ride? Does it fill ok going slow around town, or does it want to run? How's the wind at 75mph? Do people stop to check it out, and ask you what it is?

The ergos of the STriple is a tiny bit more aggressive than the FZ6, but by no means a supersport bike. I find it much easier to ride, very flickable. The wheelbase is much shorter than the FZ6 and the bike just plainly feels tiny comparitively.

I ride my STriple to work every day, commuting through the streets of Boston. It's totally manageable at low speeds, but yes, it wants to go much faster than that. Just takes some control of the right hand.

I find that the wind at 75-80mph hits you square in the chest just enough to take all the weight off your hands/wrists. In short, the bike is MORE comfortable at those speeds than at 35-40mph. Weird, yes. Still true, yes.

I have to be honest, I get asked more about this bike than anything I've owned before. This covers the FZ6, any car I've owned, puppies, etc. It's just something different that people want to know about.

Back