fz6 vs r6

CoreyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well guys i been wanting to get a new bike and found a 2007 R6 with 7500 miles it has different front and rear turn signals and a GYTR pipe along with the cat cutted from the stock header pipe. I want to know what the differences are between them and how much more power the R6 has. I want something that will pull the front end off easyer. Sorry i posted this here i didn't know where to post it and i am on my way out the door for work.

CoreyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have state farm and they told me that my rate of $150 per year for liability insurance would not change seense it is still a 600cc bike. The bike is blue and its 07 with 6500miles and has a carbon fiber GYTR shorty pipe and the guy took the cat off or something like that. There where 2 cable tied up down there that the guy said opened and closed something in the pipe. He said he has the stock turn signals and pipe. He said he would take $5500 for it. The only real down fault is it needs a front and back tire. I have been riding a street bike for a year and a half now. But i have rode dirt bikes for a few years. It seemed like it would bring the front end off alittle easyer than my fz6 and it was definitely alot quicker. I liked the bike alot just the 2 tires and not having my fz6 sold yet are holding me back.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
As mentioned above, pure sport vs. multi-purpose, sport/touring. However. here is a comparison of 09 Models, shouldn't be tremendously different for 07's, I know the FZ isn't.

Motorcycle Comparison Details

By the way, try this on an R6 (thanks Erci) :D
yamaha-fz6-06small.jpg

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
If your talking about getting the front end up, and you dont have a bike yet, you might wanna consult someone about the possiblity of you being a squid. LOL. I'm a squid sometimes, so its cool. but if your gonna be a squid, you need a squid bike. R6 is the answer.:rockon:

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If your main interest is "getting the front up" just re-gear the FZ6. It costs way less and the position is great for doing wheelies. And it'll cost you less when you dump it. If you feel you can't wheelie the FZ and need the extra power of an R6 to do it then good luck.

Freak

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz6 will quite happily lift the wheel in second and shift to 3rd and 4th. Quite capable of 100mph + wheelies. If you want to wheelie better practice rather than go up in power. Off the throttle is not the correct way anyhow. Or like others have said change the gearing. That will get the front up no worries. The r6 is lower geared to begin with.

CoreyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't have both because i start college next month. As far as wheelies i am not no wheelie master i just like to ride little ones. I can ride a wheelie on my quad for miles. I just like the look of the r6 better.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't have both because i start college next month. As far as wheelies i am not no wheelie master i just like to ride little ones. I can ride a wheelie on my quad for miles. I just like the look of the r6 better.

Trust me a Fazer will wheelie no problems. There is evena school in the UK teaching wheelies and what bikes do they use? no prizes.

Wheelie course, for motorcycles

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wheelies are not a question of power,but one of skill Grasshopper......... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za2zY1ZWeRg[/ame]

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More moped whellies!!! AT 2:15 in this vid my point is proven by a guy on a gixer who can't get it up.....:D (NSFW) SOUNDTRACK [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8EzCtuJhLQ[/ame]

Last edited: