FZ6N 2005 won't start

satrebor

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

Recently I bought yamaha fz6. It looked nice and fully working. To start the engine it needed only one hit. After few days after purchase of a bike I could not start the engine. I can see on my speedometer engine yellow check. Starter is OK, gas pump is ok, but engine won't start at all.. Recently I removed taillight for replacement of a bulb and turning lights only. Could it be the problem?

My battery is low, so I decided to make it FULL, but no results at all... Starter is OK, gas pump is ok but engine won't start.
After few tries to start the engine, my bike shot with a loud BOOOM! what does it mean?

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Your description of what exactly is happening is a bit...Vague. It started the first day, but not the second? What happens the second day? You turn the key, the pump primes, you hit the stater and then - nothing? Does it crank over? What does it do?

You could try giving it a bit of throttle when you go to start the bike and see if it can be fired up that way. If a bike has sat for a while, sometimes they have issues with starting/idling until ridden. My CBR250R sat over the winter and when I tried showing it off to an interested buyer, it died randomly mid idle. Fired up a bit rough after that, but was fine after a bout down the street.

satrebor

Reaction score
Visit site
Your description of what exactly is happening is a bit...Vague. It started the first day, but not the second? What happens the second day? You turn the key, the pump primes, you hit the stater and then - nothing? Does it crank over? What does it do?

You could try giving it a bit of throttle when you go to start the bike and see if it can be fired up that way. If a bike has sat for a while, sometimes they have issues with starting/idling until ridden. My CBR250R sat over the winter and when I tried showing it off to an interested buyer, it died randomly mid idle. Fired up a bit rough after that, but was fine after a bout down the street.

Thanks for reply.

First day engine started perfecly,
Second day engine started perfectly, I removed taillight and turning lights
(coincidence) Third day I was unable to start the engine. The pump noise is - ok.Once I hit starter , an engine is just bubbling and nothing happens. After 5 times of trying to start the engine I heard very noisy soud like a bomb just BOOM from my exhaust. Today I was trying to start the engine and everyting is the same.. maye I should to bump start a motorcycle?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What does this mean: "engine is just bubbling "

It sounds as if you flooded the engine.

Try starting with NOT THROTTLE COLD, just the starter.

When you have to crank and crank(engine spins over), its likely flooded. Make sure the battery is fully charged, then HOLD THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN and CRANK for 5-7 seconds and stop. Repeat and try again. If it was flooded, it shouldn't be anymore..

satrebor

Reaction score
Visit site
What does this mean: "engine is just bubbling "

It sounds as if you flooded the engine.

Try starting with NOT THROTTLE COLD, just the starter.

When you have to crank and crank(engine spins over), its likely flooded. Make sure the battery is fully charged, then HOLD THE THROTTLE WIDE OPEN and CRANK for 5-7 seconds and stop. Repeat and try again. If it was flooded, it shouldn't be anymore..

Yes, it looks like flooded. I can smell a gasoline. Also looks like I killed my battery. Tomorrow I am going to jumpstart a motorcycle with my car. Such a horrible experience with my new bike :(.
Thank you for answers, I will update this thread asap.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its better if you have a small 1.25 amp automatic charger for the battery.

If not and you HAVE to jump from a car battery, DO NOT RUN THE CAR ENGINE, IT will damage the electronics on the bike..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, but its best to get the battery FULLY charged (IE leave it on overnight) as long as the charger is automatic and about 1.25 amps..

Running it down fully over and over again is the worst thing you can do to it.

If you have a volt meter, a fully charged battery (off the charger) should be a bout 12.8 volts, SITTING.

When cranking, it shouldn't drop below 10volts or so.

My old battery would drop to 8volts or so and still start but other than the battery, there were no issues..

Bruno1989

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: FZ6N 2005 won't start (solved)

Lol sorry, not trying hijack post, glad you got it going but I totally hooked my truck up to the battery w the truck running and tried starting it. Idk if it hurt anything but it still turns over. Just bike won't run . As my post was stating. Interesting read tho!

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site

Lol sorry, not trying hijack post, glad you got it going but I totally hooked my truck up to the battery w the truck running and tried starting it. Idk if it hurt anything but it still turns over. Just bike won't run . As my post was stating. Interesting read tho!

Could your plugs be fouled/improperly connected? Fuel pump work? etc?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Just a WARNING to ALL - DO NOT CONNECT FZ6 to a Running Vehicle!!!!!

The cars charging system (alternator) see's the FZ6 as load it must compensate for and provide LOTS OF CURRENT TO FIX perceived problem. This KILLS THE SHUNT built into the Regulator Rectifier and charging system will no longer limit system voltage and damage the electronics, lamps, battery, other stuff! DON'T do this!!!!!