Fz6r

WOW I Hate It!! Im so glad they didnt replace the FZ with that.

The ONLY thing i want is the split seat retrofitted onto my 06 :rockon:

Ok, so here is my take on it. Yamaha made the YZF600R for years without a redesign, the YZF has a cult following just as strong as ours and when they discontinued that bike in 07 they left a hole in their product lineup. My opinion is that they were not ready to discontinue the YZF yet, but it would not meet new emissions standards in the industry so they had to get rid of it. I do not think this is meant as a FZ6 replacement (weird about the name though) but to fill the void of a supersport that was a bit more comfy, adjustable and practical than the R6. It has much of the performance that the YZF had, as well as the weight and riding position. My hat is off to Yamaha in keeping their mpre practical customers in mind when redesigning this bike. The FZ is safe in my book and will hold ot's own in the touring realm for a long time to come.

Also with my Wife being a woman and a rider i think that it is about time that someone thought of adjustable seat height and adjustable bars make this bike able to be easily adjusted for women riders. it seems that whenever a woman rider comes along they are always looking for a lowering link kit or have to go for a gs500, ex500 or something low end like that. it is nice that they are paying attention to the trends of the market and making something that can be very capable while being adjustable with the growing number of women riders joining the sport, while still being a very suitable bike that can be used by Men without them feeling like they are riding an "Inferior" bike to learn on once again like the ex500 or gs500...

Ok, so here is my take on it. Yamaha made the YZF600R for years without a redesign, the YZF has a cult following just as strong as ours and when they discontinued that bike in 07 they left a hole in their product lineup. My opinion is that they were not ready to discontinue the YZF yet, but it would not meet new emissions standards in the industry so they had to get rid of it. I do not think this is meant as a FZ6 replacement (weird about the name though) but to fill the void of a supersport that was a bit more comfy, adjustable and practical than the R6. It has much of the performance that the YZF had, as well as the weight and riding position. My hat is off to Yamaha in keeping their mpre practical customers in mind when redesigning this bike. The FZ is safe in my book and will hold ot's own in the touring realm for a long time to come.

That definitely makes me look at it differently. I never realized they discontinued the YZF600. That still doesn't explain why they called it the FZ6R. It has virtually nothing in common with the FZ6.

On the FZ6R I like the ram air, at least from the side view, I def like the muffler big time. I don't like the single headlight and the rear fender is about the worst I've ever seen.

On the R1, I think the paint is a bit much, but the projector headlights are fantastic. That's one thing I think should be standard on all bikes.

But that raven fz6 sure looks sweet. Bike has a lot of character. Front pipes, naked bottom, colored top. Really flows.

On the FZ6R I like the ram air, at least from the side view, I def like the muffler big time. I don't like the single headlight and the rear fender is about the worst I've ever seen.

On the R1, I think the paint is a bit much, but the projector headlights are fantastic. That's one thing I think should be standard on all bikes.

But that raven fz6 sure looks sweet. Bike has a lot of character. Front pipes, naked bottom, colored top. Really flows.

What's funny is that they're making a big deal about these projector headlights on the R1, yet they've had projectors for the last several years. Granted they also had reflectors next to them, but the projectors were there nonetheless.

09MS_FZ6_blk_S4_a5ec7829.jpg

I'm sure someone here could tell us about the quality of this seat. Yamaha's European website shows several of the FZ6 models as having this same seat in 2008.

I had been meaning to ask this question for a while now. I haven't seen any after market seats I like, I can't stand any thing with \\"Fazer\\" written on it. And I would imagine that this seat could be ordered, especially now that it is avaible on a US model.

It does look like the standard seat on my bike (yes, I live in Europe). I don't have much experience with the seat that so many of you are complaining about, but for me this seat works great. Keep in mind I'm 188 cm tall, and weigh approximately 85 kg without gear.

What's funny is that they're making a big deal about these projector headlights on the R1, yet they've had projectors for the last several years. Granted they also had reflectors next to them, but the projectors were there nonetheless.

I thought so. A friend just got a raven 08 R1, and I could have sworn there were projectors on it. But I think the text here said they were a change this year. Something seems amiss.

I thought so. A friend just got a raven 08 R1, and I could have sworn there were projectors on it. But I think the text here said they were a change this year. Something seems amiss.

i thought they had them in 04, but then got away from projectors in 06 or 07.

the FZ6R is kinda nice but it lookes to much like a gixxer. The ram air looks sweet but there's to much at the front of the bike and not enough in back. My first reaction when seeing it was WTF where the under seat exhaust. As for the new R1 wish they would have keep the old headlight design and the new exhaust looks odd but i guess they where going for the complete moto gp look. Over all the r1 shouldn't have changed and the fz6r would be more at home at a suzuki dealership but thats just my opinion.

I think the manufacturers take the dealers feedback into account. I was talking to one of the sales guy about the FZ1. I told him people don't like the 08 pale gold wheels. He said that many customers said so and they reported the feedback to Yamaha so Yamaha may get rid of them for 09 and that is what exactly happened. No gold wheels but also no gold forks :bitchslap. I guess the dealers never know what mods we do to our FZ6s as hardly anyone here takes their bike for dealer servicing. Time to provide more feedback to the dealers, it seems.

"hardcore. not hard to afford." --- what a joke

torquey 600cc engine?

Is the swingarm really the same? The chain adjustment pieces are different for sure.

Well, I'm sure it will make a lot of people smile but it appears somewhat "gimmicky" to me and there are MUCH MUCH better "beginner" bikes out there IMO.

It will make this site more interesting when riders with the FZ6R join.
We wont just have the "Red ones fastest debate" lol.

That is of course if we let them in:welcome:........:ban::spank:

Nelly

I almost bought a 650F...then I saw the FZ6....they were sitting side by side...I immediately was drawn tot he FZ. The FZ6R is too much like a 650F IMO.

It looks sportier but has a smaller rear tire? wassup with that? hmmm...the 650F has a 160 rear as well....hmmm..

The FZ6R is 2-300 dollars cheaper than the FZ6! Something has to give; no oring chain, inferior brakes, 160 rear tire, power peak at 10,000 rpm?:confused:, W speed rated tires, heavier, and holds less gas. And you get a full fairing.

I can see it as a replacement for the YFZ600, but I still think the FZ6 holds the big stick when it comes to a do-it-all 600cc bike.

Back