FZ6's on the road/spotted in Australia!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
spotted a white one with a two part seat like an R1 (in red) in Lt Bourke Street between Russell and Swanston at 1.20 today (16-03-2011). Will go back tom. see if its a regular there.
I'm on the look out now!

I did go back a couple of days later and its a FZ6R, with a p plate off the back. I'll try for a pic next week

I was talking to a bloke here at work, a long time rider of an xj650, he didn't know that I ride regularly and so I was proudly talking 'bout my fz6n and what should cruise past, a shiny black fz6!.

Anyway he has just shy of 100,000 ks up on the 650, still going strong, but he's thinking that as a retirement present he'll look at something new, but he is so impressed with what yamaha has done with quality, longevity etc. we were yakking for 20 minutes
Happy Easter all, good weather expected for Sat/Sun, safe riding!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seen 3 FZ6N's in Adelaide in the last 3 days....A Silver 04 FZ6 on South Road near Castle Plaza, Red & White helmet...nice clean unmodded FZ6N.

That was Wednesday, also on Wednesday, i saw a Orange 2009 FZ6N, as i was coming out of Bunnings at Mile End's carpark....

Then Yesterday i saw a black FZ6N...with a male rider, black leather jacket, black helmet...on main north rd.

C'mon guys....you must know we are here!

:D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now its not exactly on the road, but there is a brand spanking '09 Fz6n in yellow, same as mine, on the floor at Yamaha City in Elizabeth St. Melbourne going for about 9500. I paid 9999 for mine at the end of Feb. (that's my only affliation with Yam. City)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now its not exactly on the road, but there is a brand spanking '09 Fz6n in yellow, same as mine, on the floor at Yamaha City in Elizabeth St. Melbourne going for about 9500. I paid 9999 for mine at the end of Feb. (that's my only affliation with Yam. City)

Dealer just closed in Perth.

Same bike.

$8500 on road. Probably could have got it for less too.

Not good timing for us right now, or it would have been the new track bike :rockon:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just came out of work to grab a coffee and there is a silver fz6 with silver frame and motor, so a '04-'06 ???
Any way I said to the guy getting his gear on, "nice bike" and he starts raving about it. Said it was his wifes bike and she does 100 kms a week gets 20 odd kms per litre. Its done over 70000 kms, never given any problems and he has a few other bikes but this one is his fav to ride.
Asked him if he knew about the forum, he said no but will look it up.
really nice bloke, like all fz6 riders that I have met or talked to via the forum, really nice people:thumbup:
so there you go

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seen 2 this week....

Yesterday ( Friday 4/11 ) yellow/black 'N' slipping off the Ippy Motorway onto the Centenary Highway...

Today 5/11 Silver/black 'S' heading southbound on the Cunningham Highway with a cruiser/mate following :thumbup:

Who are you both ??

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dan if it had been me I woulda waved.
I saw another yellow/black N with a ventura bag rack on the back in Bell Street, on the footpath near Bell station on Wednesday , and some times a silver S parked opposite "poached" in Lygon Street Brunswick, but I'm always beetling it to work and can't stop in traffic

Maybe they all know each other and they're shy????