FZ8 vs FZ6 (yes, I said FZ8, not 7 or 9)

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Hey folks, I have read a few threads wrt the titled... but I hoped to get some personal feedback. I have a chance to pick up a FZ8 (2013) for a great deal.

Is it an upgrade/side-grade? I know wet weight is almost the same as our bike, but how nimble is it? Is the engine that much better around town? Is the wind horrible at speed (I am just under 6')? Any point would be greatly appreciated!

:thumbup:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed. I am interested but have no data.

My local dealer has a 2012 that sooner or later will probably become a great deal.:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No personal experience with FZ8, but plenty of personal experience with naked bikes. Personally, there's no way I would want a naked as my only bike, since 60-70% of my riding is at highway speeds.

For high speed jaunts, in nice weather.. it's totally fine, but for longer journeys at good clip and / or if it's really cold or raining.. no thanks. I want a screen to hide behind.

Just a thought: whatever the deal you're talking about.. I bet you can get a 2010 FZ1 with next to no miles for same price and that is a big-time upgrade (at least in terms of power and reduced vibes) :thumbup:

MorbidBBQ

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at it after my 07 FZ6 got totaled in a side collision.
The MPG improvement and weight look nice.

Whats the acceleration, top speed, and most importantly highway feel?

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
No personal experience with FZ8, but plenty of personal experience with naked bikes. Personally, there's no way I would want a naked as my only bike, since 60-70% of my riding is at highway speeds.

For high speed jaunts, in nice weather.. it's totally fine, but for longer journeys at good clip and / or if it's really cold or raining.. no thanks. I want a screen to hide behind.

Just a thought: whatever the deal you're talking about.. I bet you can get a 2010 FZ1 with next to no miles for same price and that is a big-time upgrade (at least in terms of power and reduced vibes) :thumbup:

Yep I know... but I figure the FZ8 would be a bit more flikable [sic], no? The 2013 was the year they reworked the suspension both front and rear to be a level above the original. Most of my commute is city, unlike yours... so I favor agility and being able to whip it around at very modest speeds Blah.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep I know... but I figure the FZ8 would be a bit more flikable [sic], no? The 2013 was the year they reworked the suspension both front and rear to be a level above the original. Most of my commute is city, unlike yours... so I favor agility and being able to whip it around at very modest speeds Blah.

Then I say it's still not a great choice Blah
FZ09 or even the FZ07 would be a better way to go. Much much lighter.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
I pound few miles on a FZ07 for a week when I built the exhaust & tune. If you're not power hungry and want something to flic around like a mini bike... thats the bike you want. With an exhaust that thing is sub 400 lbs full if gas with 50 ft.lb of torque! Much better mud range than my 6R and about the same top end. Power wheely in 1st gear easy and suspension is pretty decent stock.