Get 4300K and it's brightest as I'v seen!

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been through 5000K, 6000K and 8000K..just didn't feel I got enough visibility so I ordered 4300K, the ebay seller sells as pair of H4 and pair of H7 so basically I got an extra for each type.

I replaced my 8000K with 4300K,,,honestly to tell you (sorry this is not the v.s among those Xenon color) ...it's the brightest lms I've ever seen..I think it's close ot 3500lms but I got my two spotlights so my total LMS on the road maybe close to 4000lms :eek: but not blind others that's the point! One guy flashed me yesterday but "hey I got your attention!"

thx,
jh

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
No kidding.

That's why every factory HID system on Lexus, Acura, Infinity, Mercedes, BMW, Etc. all use 4300K Philips or Osram HID bulbs.

Cheap HID kits use inferior components and it's cheaper to make bulbs that are bluer with less lumens. Higher Kelvin color temp means less lumens! 4300K is the sweet spot in the light spectrum which is pure white, the color of the sun at noon on a bright day. Unfortunately most people who buy cheap HID kits think the higher Kelvin rating means it's better. NONESENSE! 8000K and above are worthless for visibility.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Zackly...Your eyes don't use that higher spectrum of light very well......You are now......Enlightened!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No kidding.

That's why every factory HID system on Lexus, Acura, Infinity, Mercedes, BMW, Etc. all use 4300K Philips or Osram HID bulbs.

Cheap HID kits use inferior components and it's cheaper to make bulbs that are bluer with less lumens. Higher Kelvin color temp means less lumens! 4300K is the sweet spot in the light spectrum which is pure white, the color of the sun at noon on a bright day. Unfortunately most people who buy cheap HID kits think the higher Kelvin rating means it's better. NONESENSE! 8000K and above are worthless for visibility.

Higher frequency does not actually mean less lumens. But higher light frequencies are light frequencies that our eyes and brain don't process well.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Higher frequency does not actually mean less lumens. But higher light frequencies are light frequencies that our eyes and brain don't process well.

Light reflects off matter less and less the closer to Ultra Violet it gets. This is why black lights would make poor headlights! :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is why black lights would make poor headlights! :rolleyes:

Not in my utopian, dayglo painted world....
uv_Body_Paint_WildSpooky_agostinoarts.jpg

Actually the ultraviolet bounces off products with specific composition just as well as lower frequencies of light. The ultraviolet just becomes more specific at certain frequencies we can easily see and then some frequencies that we can't see/process but that doesn't mean it's not there or doesn't reflect.

If you watch a welding arc your eye and brain do not process specific frequencies of light that will burn your retna. The pupil does not react to this harmful (to us) light so if you watch the arc long enough the pupil has not dilated to reduce the harmful rays. Those rays exist and they will reflect off of any mass even though you can't see it or don't have the right equipment to measure it. Now you feel like someone has thrown sand in your eyes and you can't even go to sleep.