Get off the motorcycle!

Did you notice the section where his front wheel was up and the key chain was flapping around like a flag in a hurricane? Can't do that here in the states. :)

I hope you're being facetious (the smiley kinda infers that) with the "Can't do that here..." comment. Have you driven 495 recently? Heck, a couple of summers ago, I was headed north on 495 and a coupla squids decieded to do stunts on the off ramp :spank: - yup, dual handstands doing 65 MPH PLUS once they got pointed into the general direction of the off ramp (near Hudson, MA). Of course there were no State or local cops around. Wish I'd had my camera 'cause I KNOW you don't believe me - kinda wished I could have rear ended them at the time since I was right behind them in my 4WD Toy Taco (heheheheh)..."hmmmm, don't know how it happened officer, my 4WD shifted into 4 high all by itself (LOL). :D Thankfully, as you can see officer, I drive a manual and was able to disengage the clutch before my runaway 'unSTUNTED' the other moron" (HAHAHA).

Cop had no right or reason to pull a gun. There are WAY too many laws in the USA, and the police here are given WAY WAY WAY too much discretion.

Did you notice the section where his front wheel was up and the key chain was flapping around like a flag in a hurricane? Can't do that here in the states. :)

Cop had no right or reason to pull a gun. There are WAY too many laws in the USA, and the police here are given WAY WAY WAY too much discretion.

Ummmm...I THINK that "incident" took place in Toronto, Canada, didn't it? I coulda sworn I saw "Toronto" in there somewhere.

In the beginning of the video you can see he's passing 65mph traffic like it's hardly moving. Plus you can see that the front wheel was up because of when it came down the bike shook. About mid video you can see he passed the unmarked car. Not to long after that the camera is moving a lot like he's checking his mirrors constantly so I think he knew he was in trouble then. When he was coming down the exit ramp he turns around and you can see the unmarked car following him. The unmarked car blocked his escape route and the patrol car was behind him. The cop should have identified himself way faster than he did but the gun wasn't overkill, last time I was pulled over I was doing 65mph in a 35mph zone and the cop told me to put my hands in the air and toss my keys threw the cars bullhorn before he even got out.

edit: the road I was on was long straight and empty except of course the cop car that was following me.

Last edited:
just watched the long video again in full screen and don't think my first post is as accurate as I thought but I still think the patrol car was probably behind him for a while and the unmarked car came in later.

If he knew the unmarked was a cop, then I fully understand and have no real issue with what happened. If he didn't know it was a cop, then I say again for clarity:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IDENTIFYING YOURSELF AS A LEO FIRST?

Nobody's answered that yet. Why is it wrong or uneccessary to immediately ID yourself as a LEO as you're exiting the car / drawing weapon?

And to be fair (regarding the "a bullet can't do this" picture) a motorcycle can't do that from a dead stop in 15 feet, either. Just keeping it realistic here, not arguing your intent.

If he knew the unmarked was a cop, then I fully understand and have no real issue with what happened. If he didn't know it was a cop, then I say again for clarity:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IDENTIFYING YOURSELF AS A LEO FIRST?

Nobody's answered that yet. Why is it wrong or uneccessary to immediately ID yourself as a LEO as you're exiting the car / drawing weapon?

And to be fair (regarding the "a bullet can't do this" picture) a motorcycle can't do that from a dead stop in 15 feet, either. Just keeping it realistic here, not arguing your intent.

I did try to give an explanation in my previous posts. This will be the 3rd time.

At the point the officer is stopping the bike, the rider has not been secured. The rider has broken the law. The plain cloths man never pointed the weapon at the rider. The rider is pulling away! The rider can kill the or maim the officer or someone else if he changes his mind and decides to run which many times is the case.
The rider will stop so the LEO's are all stopped and gains time by launching the bike after the officer/s are out of there vehicles. The rider then gains better distance because they have to re enter their vehicles and the bike's elapse time to well beyond triple digits is far superior to the average cage. The officer doesn't know who you are at this point in the stop and doesn't know your intent.
So to the officer, at this point, you are a threat. Not because you didn't use your directional, but because you have exhibited dangerous behavior by operating your bike by passing on the right, on one wheel for the people on the bus on your left, and broken the triple digit speed treaty.

In most cases you are in possession of state property that you have been given the privilege of holding. That state property is your operators license. In most cases the state allows the officer the right to see that operators license because it's not really yours. It's belongs to the state. So the law in most cases requires you to surrender the license to the officer. In most states you don't have a right to operate a motor vehicle but instead it's a privilege. When you are arrested you lose some of your rights as a citizen. You are under arrest the moment you are pulled over by the police. The law requires you to stop for the police and at that point you have lost your freedom and you have been detained. You are technically under arrest in most cases for some infraction of the law. It is at the discretion of law enforcement to release you from that detainment or process you. These laws have for the most part been put in place for the betterment, peace and benefit of our civilization. "Can't we all just get along?" Hahaha!

I'll say it again. When the officer is at the point of a perceived threat, he does not have to show you his badge first! I don't understand why the rider would have to see a badge when he has not complied with the law officers, marked and unmarked, to stop the vehicle! At that point it's clear what is happening and he's backing the bike up! If he launches the bike toward this officer the officer's badge will not stop the rider. The officer's weapon is at the ready and it is not pointed at the rider and until the rider has been secured why would you have to show your badge first when it it is clear you're being stopped by law enforcement? The rider knows what's happening and if he asks the officer, the officer will show him his badge. In this case the rider has been secured safely with no harm to the rider, lawmen and citizens. At no time was the rider put in danger except by his own doing.
Take responsibility for your actions! You must know what's up! :rockon:

Why wouldn't this officer have the right to defend himself and others? He's at risk how many times a day? Don't you think this human being has a heart or people that love him, children, wife, parents, brothers and sisters? A rider himself?

You don't know who he is but you do have a clue. He really doesn't know who you are.

He's not supposed to show you his badge first. He's supposed to make all of us safe first!

:rockon:Good Stop! Very professional! :rockon:

Have fun out there and be smart!

That's a little better. I appreciate the effort, really. Please understand I'm not sticking up for the guy doing a wheelie at 125 in the right lane - he's clearly a jag for doing something dangerous like that. If you knew how I drive, it would be clearer I guess. I hope he got naaaaaailed for putting people in danger like that - no excuses, not from me.

My only quibble was that IF the rider didn't know who this dude with a pistol coming at him was... I can't fault him for not just doing what the gun-toting maniac said. I guess I'm trying to be honest. If someone comes at me with a gun in Boston traffic yelling GET OFF THE MOTORCYCLE I'm probably going to make any reasonable effort to get the hell out of there unless I know it's a cop. Where is your defense of me in that theoretical scenario? If it weren't a cop, but some guy trying to jack my bike? Does that make sense? Otherwise we all just hand over our keys to anyone with a pistol.

That's a little better. I appreciate the effort, really. Please understand I'm not sticking up for the guy doing a wheelie at 125 in the right lane - he's clearly a jag for doing something dangerous like that. If you knew how I drive, it would be clearer I guess. I hope he got naaaaaailed for putting people in danger like that - no excuses, not from me.

My only quibble was that IF the rider didn't know who this dude with a pistol coming at him was... I can't fault him for not just doing what the gun-toting maniac said. I guess I'm trying to be honest. If someone comes at me with a gun in Boston traffic yelling GET OFF THE MOTORCYCLE I'm probably going to make any reasonable effort to get the hell out of there unless I know it's a cop. Where is your defense of me in that theoretical scenario? If it weren't a cop, but some guy trying to jack my bike? Does that make sense? Otherwise we all just hand over our keys to anyone with a pistol.

I'm just saying in this case it's clear what's happening.:D

Oh yes I totally agree with you on that scenario. Guy w/gun wants my bike he can have it or if I think I can dodge the lead I'm gone! :eek: Prolly the first cuz I'm betting he has more than one bullet and I prolly can't dodge them all. Here's my bike man! Hahaha

Yes, anyone with a gun that wants my stuff can have it. I'm just not going with you....

It almost happened to a co-worker here who grew up riding squid bikes in boston. He stopped at a stop sign and noticed two sets of dudes coming at him simultaneously from both sides of the road, and quickly. Not like they were just crossing in the crosswalk, either, but angling in towards his bike. So he launched it.

It almost happened to a co-worker here who grew up riding squid bikes in boston. He stopped at a stop sign and noticed two sets of dudes coming at him simultaneously from both sides of the road, and quickly. Not like they were just crossing in the crosswalk, either, but angling in towards his bike. So he launched it.

Haha!!:rof:

Obviously BOTH parties here made mistakes, (huge and potentially deadly mistakes)!
If there were no bolos out for the biker though I do not see the cause for all the alarm. Heck, I've had state troopers stop me when I was going twice the speed limit on an interstate and they were nice, polite, and courteous.
Too, I've known troopers that pulled up behind a stopped biker after clocking him at 165 mph in a 55, and only talked to him for a moment. (He made a lasting impression that lasted though!)
This biker was being stupid, no denying that, but I feel the cop has been watching to much TV as well. JMO

Obviously BOTH parties here made mistakes, (huge and potentially deadly mistakes)!
If there were no bolos out for the biker though I do not see the cause for all the alarm. Heck, I've had state troopers stop me when I was going twice the speed limit on an interstate and they were nice, polite, and courteous.
Too, I've known troopers that pulled up behind a stopped biker after clocking him at 165 mph in a 55, and only talked to him for a moment. (He made a lasting impression that lasted though!)
This biker was being stupid, no denying that, but I feel the cop has been watching to much TV as well. JMO

I'm honestly trying to understand where the LEO made a potentially deadly mistake. Where? When?

You're exposed to more potential danger waiting and watching for your microwaved dinner to finish! From cell phone calls and texting!

People die every day because of unwarranted fear and the actions that follow as a result.

I'm honestly trying to understand where the LEO made a potentially deadly mistake. Where? When?

Well, by not identifying himself right off the bat and by jumping out right in his face in such an excited state like that, (over a traffic violation), the biker could've launched, (and whether he ran the cop over or whether the cop fired), someone could have died.
Too, what if the biker was armed and drew before the cop identified himself?
Either way, someone could have gotten shot! (I would deem either scenerio a deadly mistake) I"ve pretty fast reflexes and if someone jumps out of an unmarked car 15' in front of me without a badge and draws a gun I'm aiming at him right then, (either my bike or my pistol)!

You're exposed to more potential danger waiting and watching for your microwaved dinner to finish! From cell phone calls and texting!

Boy you got that right! Wherever we are, we are all being microwaved right now! I dread what they come up with conclusively soon about cell phone usage. (I think it will be worse than we already know...like second-hand smoke) BTW: Every microwave oven I have ever tested LEAKS! (I don't text but dang I think every kid in America is addicted)

People die every day because of unwarranted fear and the actions that follow as a result.

True. Like if the cop scared the hoo-doo out of the biker and the biker attempted to bolt and run, or draw and fire, someone would probably have died! (I will admit if someone jumps out in front of me like that and draws on me - I'm going to do something quickly, (right or wrong)!

I appreciate your point, and everyone else's as well. If the black and white behind him was running blue lights, (or whatever the heck that state/country uses), then all of this is a moot point anyway because the biker had to know what was going on. (Maybe the unmarked car had lights in the grill too?) I dunno. Either way I think the biker was being maximum stupid.

Last edited:
All I can say is thank god the police don't carry guns in this country.
Most you'd get is a bollocking for a traffic offence,not a 9mm pointed at you :rolleyes:

Back