GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!! Round 2 - 2011 NHL Playoffs start tonight

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For those who dont know, round 2 of the NHL playoffs start tonight.

We just finished the Chicago Blackhawks in typical Vancouver fashion. We won the first 3 of the best of 7 series, only to go on to lose 3 straight and end up having to play a game 7......made me wanna puke.

We scored early in the 1st period....only to have Chicago tie the game with a minute left!!! I did puke in my mouth a tad...swallowed and proceeded to enjoy this 5 minutes into overtime.......(2:35 into the vid has the best replay)

YouTube - ‪Alex Burrows 2-1 OT Goal - Chicago Blackhawks @ Vancouver Canucks 2011 Quarterfinals Game 7 (CBC)‬‏

Now we play the Nashville Predators...Their claim to fame is one of their players being married to Carrie Underwood..:) They are a defensive team with a goalie that stand 6'5. Gonna be a tough series....

Heres a a glass piece I made last year of Johnny Canuck...Hes a shoulder patch on thier uniforms

JohnnyCanuck.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We win game 1(best of 7), 1-0. We dominated but couldn't get a insurance goal. Their goalie Pekka Rinne is a monster and stood on his head all game. 1st star in the loss.

11 more wins for the Stanley Cup!!

StanleyCup.jpg

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was hoping for a Van - Mtl finale, but now I guess I have to cheer exclusively for the Canucks! I like any Canadian team, and any team that beats Toronto :BLAA:

My team is enjoying some spectacular tee times at the local golf course...

'Go Sens GO!'

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that was a quick OT, 11 seconds into the extra period and you guys are heading to bean town up 2-0.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe that the cup will be coming North of the border this year (in other fashion than it's normal home at the Hockey Hall of Fame in TO)...

Should be an interesting dynamic in Boston though...

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heres my new lucky Canucks shoes I had made for the playoff run..Ordered Apr 14..arrived May 16. I also had a buddy throw down a hundred on the Nucks when he was in Vegas last October..Pays a cool $1000 if they win the cup...GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

IMG_0019.jpg

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Paul,

You need me to cash it for you?

Thanks, but they havent won it yet....One of the guys I carpool with is headed down at the end of June, he said he'll get my money if they win..a big if. I have seen this movie before, High hopes only to get crushed by the Canucks curse.....

Im so bitter and jaded..lol

IMG_0024.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I like where your at, the ticket should be good. I know you already have played this thought in your head: Why didn't I bet more?

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Big 1-0 win tonight. Not the win the 'Nucks were looking for... it would have been better to have a few more past Thomas to get the offensive 'touch' back, but I'm sure the fans don't mind.

Now the question is: Do they win it in Beantown, or wait for game 7 at home? :thumbup:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Big 1-0 win tonight. Not the win the 'Nucks were looking for... it would have been better to have a few more past Thomas to get the offensive 'touch' back, but I'm sure the fans don't mind.

Now the question is: Do they win it in Beantown, or wait for game 7 at home? :thumbup:

LOVE IT! We do it Monday, I asked the magic eightball app and it is certain(53% accuracy in these playoffs)

Thomas is a wall, but I say we get 4 by him Monday..bold I know but hey..thats just what I'm about..:BLAA: j/k

samlynn37

Reaction score
Visit site

long time canucks fan, and the hardest game for me to watch in recent memory was round 1 game 7 this playoff season.. my heart stopped few times during the course of the game.. wouldnt wanna go through another game 7 never mind in the STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!! i say we take them on monday in beantown.. its gonna be tough though. go canucks go!!! anyone up for a cruise down robson street when we win??? :D

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's gonna be tough in Boston, as it has been all season. Vancouver did a lot of things right this game (#5) though; they outhit, out-skated (for long stretches anyway), and won more face-offs.

BUT - they were neck and neck for shots, Boston had many good quality chances (thankfully Luongo bounced back with a vengeance!) and the difference was one goal! Vancouver's gotta find a way to score more...

Anyways, Monday night's gonna be a nail bitter :thumbup:

Go Canucks Go!

(At least while the Ottawa Senators are golfing...)