Going wild: hold levers - but what else?

Steinrawr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow riders,

I just went wild and ordered gold levers for my '05 Fz6! - very exciting. I've never been the person to show of and usually like to go original and not showing of with extras.

What more could I do? I'm planning on doing a naked rebuild on my FZ, and it's grey and bkack, with a light grey frame. Painting is not an option.

I think I would like to add a few more elements of gold, but I don't really know what I should go for, what could be cool, or possible. I need to afford fuel, so price should be low. I can do some detail painting with gold lacker, but would like to avoid it.

Any suggestions? 2016-05-31-185.jpg

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
DID has a gold side plated chain. IMO, that looks really sharp...
Its the ONLY gold I have on the bike (they replaced the original black one).

Off topic, but is that "semi-naked"?

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Other places where you can get some bling with a functionality boost are brake lines (Those are probably the original lines on your 2005 bike. They're supposed to be replaced every few years.), grips or bar ends if you don't like the OEM, reflective tape for the wheel rims. Rearsets or handlebars are a possibility if you want to change your riding position.

There's also purely cosmetic stuff like colored bolts.

Steinrawr

Reaction score
Visit site
Off topic, but is that "semi-naked"?

This is semi naked, as my fairings are broken. Just made it work after a small accident, so I could keep using the bike. I'm going to do a full naked conversion soon. :) Also, I actually think my new chain is gold too. I ordered it a while back, so I cant remember for sure, but that would be cool.

Thanks Zixaq, brakelines could be a cool mod! I'm also thinking the pegs could be kind of cool in gold, but I just replaced the original ones with lowered black ones.

EDIT: Also, my brake calipers are a little greyish, and would need a respray to look good. Maybe I could do those in a dark gold, as I'm doing it anyways?

Last edited:

Steinrawr

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I definitely agree townsends. I'm starting with the levers, chain and brake lines or calipers. I saw something else cool: inner back splash guard painted in a different color. Not something I would do now, especially not as I want it minimalistic but cool.

Last edited: