Good bye FZ6 ... fun while it lasted

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So at work today my bike was run over by a 5 ton truck. yah not good times, they came and got me and told me what happened. Guy wasnt looking and smashed my bike between a wall and the powergate on his truck.

How can you not see my bike ... its bright blue for crying out loud and it was parked with another bike, also wrecked BTW.

Civilized words can not describe how angry I am right now, and no oh boy oh boy I get to deal with ICBC and SGI two insurance companies. :Flip:

And i have no idea how long this insurance crap is going to take. Damn i loved that bike.

S*$T !!!

Be glad you weren't sitting on the bike while the truck smashed it...

Hope you get it sorted fast:thumbup:

That's horrible! I know what it's like to look up from your desk and see your baby getting smashed. Luckily for me the damage wasn't as extensive as it sounds like yours is.

Good luck dealing with the insurance company, and getting another FZ! Maybe you should get red this time?

Yah it is trashed, fairing is destroyed, gas tank split, looked like part of the frame on the front gone also. I was just down in the parking area and found a frame slider ... so i have one thing left other than my key. The other bike was a really nice red shadow and his was just as bad.

Power gates are bad news for bikes. He said the clutch slipped on his truck and he jumped backwards. Bike parking is beside the loading dock and I never thought anything about it.

As for getting another one, oh of course i loved that bike. Kinda like the idea of an '08 black one though. But i will have to see what is out there when i can get a new bike. SGI is really slow on bike claims and the fact that this will be an out of province claim i am in for the long haul.

S$%T pretty much covers it.
:(

I'm sorry for your loss, as many said, good that you were not on it!!!!!

I hope the painful process of the insurance works out well for you.

Good luck,

That sucks. I hope the insurance thing works out easily.
Look on the bright side.
1. You were not on the bike at the time.
2. Bike shopping can be fun.
3. You were not on the bike at the time.
4.You were not on the bike at the time.

That totally blows. What a bummer. I don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I would be pissed off majorly. You should be able to buy last years or the year before FZ6. I know the dealer here always has the last couple of years bikes. I got mine in late 08 and it was an 07. They still has 06's in the crate when I got mine. Good luck getting this taken care of as soon as possible. What a shame it was the fast blue color like mine. :rockon:

Make it very clear that was your primary mode of trans, and demand a rental until yours is replaced/fixed

Sorry to hear about your FZ. I did notice that you are in Regina. Good to see another Regina FZ rider. Not many of us around in Regina. I would be looking into the new 2011 FZ8

Man,

That really does suck. I feel bad for you. I hope the claim goes much better than you are expecting. Like everyone has said, at least you were not on the bike.

Good luck on the claim and the search for a new ride.

Oh so sorry.

Take care.

Sorry to hear about your FZ. I did notice that you are in Regina. Good to see another Regina FZ rider. Not many of us around in Regina. I would be looking into the new 2011 FZ8

I am out on Vancouver island right now with work, this contract will be done pretty quick and then we are either moving here or i am back to regina to look for a job. Me and a friend both had FZ6's he just sold his today (I cant make this stuff up) I called to see if he had sold it and it went last night. i heard that Reed still has a Black 09 in their showroom so maybe ...

Thanks for all the kind words guys, yes i could have been on it so there is that, i am how ever with wheels now. I trucked my bike out with a buddy who was coming out here (Vancouver Island, Yah I love being here ... sorta ) But my insurance doesnt cover a rental.

Looking through the paper in every city between here and Regina ... who knows maybe I can find something.

On the bright side I can do a bunch of Mods if i get a stock bike !

Oh and no pictures BTW, there was a lot of fuel spilled and in the mess of it all it didnt come to mind. Not sure where i go to take pictures maybe a ICBC compound somewhere ?

Having had my bike parked on top of, by a P Plater (Provisional license holder), who decided to take his foot off the clutch, whilst the car was stationary and in gear, and it bunny hopped on top of my bike...wrecked!, i know how you must feel....gutted!

Sounds like you have reasonable anger control, which is great, just get on with the job of calmly sorting out the insurance drama's, and get on another bike...all will be forgotten soon.

good luck with it all.

i found a bonestock Blue FZ6 in Calgary for what seems like a decent price so maybe just maybe instead of flying all the way home i fly to calgary and then ride to Regina ... Maybe ... hmm

Back