Good bye FZ6 ... fun while it lasted

My heart goes out to you man. If that happened to me I`d be in mourning for months. Love my FZ6.

I'll wear all black tomorrow out of respect for your bike. :(

was urs modded at all?

sorry to hear about it.

and ya post some pics.

i had a upgraded windshield - busted now
flush mounts - yah i believe busted
frame sliders - the one i have looks alright
dual headlight mod - no headlights
integrated taillight - cracked i believe
shaved seat - more than likely alright maybe

if i can get some pics i will.

as for the other anger comment it was mostly the fact i was in shock, the guy with the shadow ... he was out for blood he had spent a bunch of money last year fixing it up really nicely. Probably the nicest red i have ever seen.

Ah well all i can do is laugh about it
:noworries:

Sorry to hear about your loss, it sounds like you have a plan to get back up on another FZ and that's great. :thumbup:

I know dealing with insurance sucks and it takes time, just be persistent and don't let them get away with anything.

Take care.

Reeds has the 09 FZ6R - it has the full fairings and about 30 less HP. Schraders in Yorkton has an 06 in blue but they want 6,000 for it. You might be able to get it cheaper then that they have had it sitting of awhile.

Sorry to hear about your bike, but look on the positive side, you weren't on the bike and the truck driver admits to being a fault. That pretty much should guarantee your claim to be processed without a problem. Keep us updated, I am in a similar insurance situation as you. I am insured by ICBC and Megson Fitzpatrick. By the way, when I was at G.A. Checkpoint Yamaha in Coquitlam they still have brand new 09 FZ6 the last time I was there. You can try giving them a call and getting to hang on to it for you if they still have it.

Hey, sorry about your bike but like someone else said, good thing you where not on it.

I don’t know how insurance works in Canada but the truck’s insurance should cover your bike. Your insurance (by law) has to pay you up to whatever you both agreed your bike is worth based on the blue book, if you had any mods the insurer won’t pay unless you paid the extra premium for those mods.
After your company pays you they have the right to collect from the trucker’s company.

As long as you are ok with the money your insurance wants to pay you, the process should be easy and fast.

So i looked at a few options today, I have to wait til i am back in Regina. Should be next weekend, i was a little surprised to find out that a FZ6-R is a completely different bike from the FZ6. Why do they have the same basic name, pay about the same for a slower, heavier bike.

Still kinda pissed about the whole thing, and I am not sure when i will have cash to get a new bike to boot.

Damn

Right at the peak of your great riding season, as you are limited in the number of months you can ride, especially if you're up in Regina. Ay.

Back