Got a new ride

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
..... well.... a new truck anyhow!

it's a Dodge Ram with a Hemi. Pretty sweet!

Leather, Sat-Nav, power everything, good times!

Selling the old 1992 S-10 Blazer that has been in the family for 13 years.

It's been good, but time to move on.

Nice. What did that set you back in the US? We pay ridiculous amounts of money for big utes (Aussie talk.....) over here.

Well..... New, this would have sold for around $30,000 with the equipment it has, but with 81,000 miles and being nearly 6 years old (build date June 2004), I was able to pick it up for $11,845. It books at $15,200 so I'm pretty happy with the deal I got.

There is no way we would pick anything up that cheap over here.

Even 2nd hand bikes - there is an 06 FZ1 for sale at a dealership here for AUS$11,990.00. You guys get good deals compared to us.

Loving the look of your ute ("pick-up").

I would be in heaven if I could find an old Chevy pick-up, probably 1955 to 1960. That would be a lot of money over here, even for a beaten up old one.

Last edited:
Nice looking truck even though it is a Dodge

jk congrats on the new ride

Dodge wasn't my first choice, but couldn't pass up the deal. I really wanted a Nissan Titan, but people think they are made of gold or something with the prices they are asking for second hand trucks. A Toyota Tundra and Ford F150 were on the list too, but this truck was worlds beyond what I was looking for and for a great price. I even got 3.79% interest!

There is no way we would pick anything up that cheap over here.

Even 2nd hand FZ6s - there is an 06 for sale at a dealership here for AUS$11,990.00. You guys get good deals compared to us.

Loving the look of your ute ("pick-up").

I would be in heaven if I could find an old Chevy pick-up, probably 1955 to 1960. That would be a lot of money over here, even for a beaten up old one.

Can you even get anything like this over there?

Yes but it's not easy.

There was a 1965 for sale in my area recently, supposedly a "foose" job - it wasn't and, even worse, it was apricot in colour :eek:

68/69 Chevelle is another thing I'm always on the lookout for.

One day :D

We do get a lot of Dodge, but the big US ones are usually F150, 250 etc.

I'm in a rural area so I see F250s all the time - take up about 4 parking spaces,, LOL.

Quite a few people bring in things like Silverados - mainly older people towing caravans etc around Australia.

Awesome looking Pick up :thumbup:

you usualy see them over here with a fifth wheel setup,towing a huge powerboat or mobile home trailer.
There isn't many that can afford to run them as a 'Daily' And any American vehicle is a rare sight due to the ever increasing fuel costs :(

Awesome looking Pick up :thumbup:

you usualy see them over here with a fifth wheel setup,towing a huge powerboat or mobile home trailer.
There isn't many that can afford to run them as a 'Daily' And any American vehicle is a rare sight due to the ever increasing fuel costs :(

yeah, this one has a 9,000lb towing capacity or something ridiculous like that. It does get fairly dismal fuel economy as well. It is rated at 11mpg city and 16mpg highway. I have found that I get 17-18 highway but the 11 city is pretty accurate.

Back