Visit site
Cause I don't

esyzuqe6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol this was the result of a trip to blood mountian and some other things I don't think I should discuss over the world wide web

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It started life as a wee little battlax 2200 miles ago but soon ran into the wrong person at the wrong time, started hanging out with the wrong crowd and in due time became addicted to speed. Speed made what once was a good little tire take many sharp turns which lead to its ultimate demise of being a washed-up, used up, burnout carcass of a tire. What is the moral of the story you ask don't do speed, speed kills...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
No that was my buddies bike I used for a while

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Why did you choose the GTs? My understanding was that the GTs were the version designed for the big heavy bikes.

An FZ6 with me on it IS a big heavy bike :rockon::rockon:

To be honest its what the dealer had when I needed tires and I got a good deal. I did the research and didn't see any downside with GT over std so I bought them (and then 200 miles later bought an FJR !!)

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Friends in need are friends indeed, friends with rubber are better!
zy6eha7u.jpg

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!

I'm still running the original tires on mine with over 7K now so no crazy speeds for me (I'm using all these tires have), but I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about my tires haha

So those are your new tires? What kind are they?

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!

I'm still running the original tires on mine with over 7K now so no crazy speeds for me (I'm using all these tires have), but I'm suddenly feeling a lot better about my tires haha

So those are your new tires? What kind are they?

Well the fz1 chews up rubber a bit faster plus it don't help I love droppin the clutch at red lights. The guy I got this bike from a little over a month ago just put a battlax bt020r on it and it was real sticky rubber so it didn't last long all. I didn't have much of a choice on tires since my buddy had dunlap Q2's or road smarts so I went with the roadsmarts. So far I'm really liking it, it has a lot easier turn in and being harder its easy to light up redlight to redlight. 2nd gear 10k clutch dumps on the battlax stood the bike up on the roadsmart it lights it up

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the fz1 chews up rubber a bit faster plus it don't help I love droppin the clutch at red lights. The guy I got this bike from a little over a month ago just put a battlax bt020r on it and it was real sticky rubber so it didn't last long all. I didn't have much of a choice on tires since my buddy had dunlap Q2's or road smarts so I went with the roadsmarts. So far I'm really liking it, it has a lot easier turn in and being harder its easy to light up redlight to redlight. 2nd gear 10k clutch dumps on the battlax stood the bike up on the roadsmart it lights it up

Just remember to take that in account in turns when it "lights up" and out from under you for the same power :eek:

Wanna see your next steel cord tires when these are done and no horror stories haha

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remember to take that in account in turns when it "lights up" and out from under you for the same power :eek:

Wanna see your next steel cord tires when these are done and no horror stories haha

Ha I've got pretty decent at drifting and even better at laying bikes down

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually it says Newnan Police. Guess there is some sort of connection. It's Joshua Borne from Atlanta a streetbike freestyle competitor who did a show over here this weekend. Was running a Shinko rear tire that smokes pink!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The shinko smoke bombs almost bought a set lol
Yeah a lot of the local chips are running bmws now even seen a few zx-14 concourses