GPR Ghost exaust

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Finally made the move after 4 years owning the bike (2008 yamaha fz6 s2 abs) and purchased an exhaust for my baby.

HOMOLOGATED SLIP-ON EXHAUST SYSTEM Ghost YAMAHA FZ6 600-FAZER S1-S2 2004/13 GHOST LINE ALL

I will fit and dyno the bike tomorrow but i wanted to ask if anyone has an experience with this exhausts.
Everyone tells me not to put the DB killers but i am worried that it is going to be way too loud. Anyone can say from personal experience if its OK?

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you want attention from the blue- run db attenuation
Leave the big noise for the track
Its bad enuff looking for errant cagers on the phone without worrying about rednblue flashers as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you want attention from the blue- run db attenuation
Leave the big noise for the track
Its bad enuff looking for errant cagers on the phone without worrying about rednblue flashers as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not worrying about the blue. They dont really care here. More concerned not to wake up the whole neighborhood when i start the bike or being too loud when crousing

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the GPR Ghost on mine. It is loud, and I do get complaints from my neighbours. I've had the baffle in the entire time.

I'd advise you to do a test when you fit it, and decide for yourself.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it's too loud for you, perhaps put the DB killers in and if you want it louder, open up the holes (in small increments) till you get the sound just right.

For me, in the residential neighborhood, (with open Scorps), keeping the RPMs under 4k, it's not an issue.

Once in traffic, (and over 4K), the pipes definitely help with traffic knowing I'm in the area.. It's rare I use the horn if a "texter" is sitting at a green light.
One rev wakes em up....:)

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Decided not to put the db killers. Installed them and dyno the bike. Under 4k the bike is not loud so not problem in the city. Dyno results where more than i expected. Now the bike with the K&N filter and the GPR exhaust outputs 98WHP. So i basically have the hp that Yamaha states for engine to the wheel. from previous dyno i have gained 5whp.

russellzarb

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same exhaust gpr gost and k&n air filter and with no cat sounds gorgeous

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk