Group buy for M4 Exhaust

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Yay!
Got it today :rockon: at work :confused: guess i'll bring the truck tomorrow :D

I'm going to tape and paint that band/clamp as well as the front forks while I'm at it. :Flash:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They're HEEEEERRRE!!!!
:wav:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, im just getting around to installing my pipes and I was wondering what tools will I need, I have some of the basics but not much???

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
Got done installing the cf pipes earlier today and I am deffinately satisfied. They are much louder and deeper than I expected which is a good thing in my eyes. Also I did not use any of the supplied mounting hardware. I just clamped the base of the mufflers very tight too the pipes and they dont seem like they will budge a bit. Avoids using the supplied metal clamps in the middle of the pipes and looks much cleaner in my opinion.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
So you only have springs holding your mufflers...not a good idea. I got hit with a bmw today...first thing i checked was to see of they were on and i put the ugly bracket on it.

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
So you only have springs holding your mufflers...not a good idea. I got hit with a bmw today...first thing i checked was to see of they were on and i put the ugly bracket on it.

No what I did was buy some U clamps and clamped the base of the mufflers too the tip of the mid pipe very tight. I basically clamped them so tight that they bent around the pipes and even without the clamps on there I could not pull them off.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
that's cool. i hope to get it spot welded eventually but i dont know if mig/tig welding it is a good idea (dont want to fry the computer). i'm going to see if i can oxy/ace weld mine at work.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
No what I did was buy some U clamps and clamped the base of the mufflers too the tip of the mid pipe very tight. I basically clamped them so tight that they bent around the pipes and even without the clamps on there I could not pull them off.

thats what ill be doing tomorrow. thanks for the idea :thumbup: nice pics by the way. carbon looks good with the older silver and blue

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope that works for you, but after installing mine this afternoon I realized your entire system is supported only at the end of the pipe coming off the block, and the mufflers will bounce around with any vibration, albeit they don't have far to travel, hopefully it'll be ok.

Oof-Dah, my hands hurt! I installed a Competition Werks fender eliminator in conjunction with my M-4's this afternoon, and I made every mistake in the book and the whole process took over four hours. :( I'll post some pics and some tips tomorrow when (hopefully) my hands are feeling better.
But, boy, they sound sweeet!! I was afraid they'd be too loud, but they sound just right to my ears, and my cop neighbor hasn't been knocking yet. :p

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
my calf feels bruised and the inside of the leg from when it was smashed repeatedly against the bitch who wouldn't stop turning into me...but it was all worth it when i saw the damage to her car (i credit my leg and not the frame of the bike :) )

What hurt me is the Christian spirit which tries to believe in humanity and goodness...in the face of a bitch who really could have given a **** that she just knocked someone into some bushes...same for the company she was applying for. Credit some good folks across the street who did what they didn't and asked me if I was ok. i swear i hope I die soon...I've had enough of Earth.

JAY

GU, Drive 2hrs start over
Reaction score
Visit site
that reminds me...i have the airbox mod and m4's...anyone else?

i miss my bike...a bmw crashed into me thursday, my first day riding it.

I will as soon as I get my pipes. I should have them this week. M4 had to ship them to pipe city and then pipe city shipped them to me. Gotta love being in guam huh. They "should" be here this week though.
Sorry about your bike bro. Glad to see youre okay. Any crazy damage to the bike?