Group buy for M4 Exhaust

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
I had no problems with installing.. the bracket goes with that bracket that held the old exhaust to the seat.. you still use that.. #20 on the exhaust page here http://www.prosourcemotorsports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

Only 3 things you do not resuse. 1. the stock canister. 2. The PROTECTOR ASSY 3. the 2 bolts that hold the PROTECTOR ASSY on.

i had truble getting the rear section back on before i made some modifications. you ?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them installed without the bracket currently :p Question I have for you is: what do you attach the bottom portion of the M4 bracket? I have the Fender Eliminator Kit installed and I don't think it has a place for it. Might have to dremel the bottom portion of it off.

Last edited:

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure- some of the guys from rideoc seem to be planning something for downtown disney that night but i'll be home about 5:15pm and we can take care of your bike til then.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
So is it still possible to order some for the discounted price still? If so, how long do I have? I wanted to order them earlier, but I just didn't have the resources, and now new things have come to light, so I'm hoping I didn't completely miss out. Thanks.

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
try buying them @ pipecity.com.. use the coupon code. if the price drops down to 549 for ti or 589 for cf then its still good. 1/2 the people still havent gotten their pipes yet. I got mine and I think I was the first one to put them on out of the group buy. dont have a dig camera so I cant take pics

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
Just had to run the UPS guy down to get my pipes... He buzzed the door and left before I could gather myself and get to the door... I quickly hopped in the truck and chased him down... luckly the driver kinda knows my truck and pulled over after only a mile or so of honking and flashing...

If the weather cooperates this weekend, I should be doing all my "mods".

Dont know about getting a sound clip, but I should be able to get plenty of pictures..

Scott

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Correction:

Once I removed the bracket part from the factory pipe everthing connected as expected. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thank You Postal for clarifying which piece I needed from the Yamaha Diagram.

Cheers!

My neighbors know when I'm coming/going. ;)

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
Call Pipecity first to make sure he will still let you get in on the deal, the cut off date was the 25th but he's a good guy so he might let you get them.

:Sport:
Hey Gemini, I am interested in getting on this deal. I have a stock 2006 FZ6, so this would be a great first upgrade.

jniedermeyer

6 Time SuperBowl Champs
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them installed without the bracket currently :p Question I have for you is: what do you attach the bottom portion of the M4 bracket? I have the Fender Eliminator Kit installed and I don't think it has a place for it. Might have to dremel the bottom portion of it off.

ya thats for the stock mud flap. im gonna leave it on since its not bothering me any

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
If they don't call me today, I am cancelling my order and telling my credit card company about it.
- they lied to me about the ship date
- they lied to everyone about the availability
- since then they never answer the phone
- they do not answer their voice mails and call back.
- I guess there's people saying there's slight crackin on the tips

i have a spare stock exhaust I can gut...or get some custom stuff built for less. I don't do business with rednecks who can't respect customers.

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got off the phone with m4. I asked them to check if my pipes had been shipped yet and they said "pipe city has supposedly been told that all the carbon fiber exhausts are shipping tomorow." I said "Well I figured I would call you guys because you are the ones that actually ship the pipes and send the tracking numbers to pipecity right?" M4 says "thats true but pipecity are the ones you need to talk to because they are the ones you ordered the exhaust from". I said "yea but they dont answer the phones" M4 says "well there you go." End of conversation. So basically m4 claims the pipes will ship tom. but who knows if thats even the truth because they were somehow trying to ignore the fact that they are the ones that ship the pipes not pipecity so shouldnt they be the ones that know 100% for sure when the pipes will ship? I dont get it this is ridiculous. If my pipes dont ship tom. I am going to be very pissed.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got off teh phone with pipe city...carbon fibers are shipping tomorrow (all) and titaniums later.
There was an issue with the tips but they're fixing that for orders still pending.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Better late than never. Be sure to check on that tracking number tomorrow.
M4 is based out of Texas, so if everything they said today is right, you should be getting your pipes before this Friday. :rockon: