Group buy for M4 Exhaust

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
Better late than never. Be sure to check on that tracking number tomorrow.
M4 is based out of Texas, so if everything they said today is right, you should be getting your pipes before this Friday. :rockon:

I dont know bout Friday for me. I live in rhode island so thats pretty much cross country. Id be souped if it was on friday though.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
bullsh.t

Total BS. I get stuff standard ground in 1-3 days MAX with work. For some reason, this is Ground-Jr or something where they will take their sweet fkn time and actually get here in the 12th.

paulman

Reaction score
Visit site
Breeze I'm with you on the shipping time. I wont be seeing them till the 13th.

On another note how would you go about grinding down the midpipe? Is the midpipe the pipe that comes with the exhaust? What tool would you use for this? If I am going to do that so the tips dont stick out so much I would like to do it all at once on the day of install but am not very mechanically inclined.

Last edited:

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Well, I finally got my pipes on Friday. I had some bolt clearance issues with the grab bar cowling and ended up going to Lowe's and getting some slotted pan head M6-1.00 x 20mm bolts, washers, and nylon nuts. The rear cowl went on perfect after that.

exhaust002te2.jpg

exhaust001gd5.jpg

bikeride009pj1.jpg

bikeride001zk0.jpg

bikeride006ln6.jpg

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Jason, nice looking pipes. Those carbons really compliment your bike, being all black and all. Just be careful, try avoiding those carbon pipes to direct sunlight much as possible, as the resin that is used to make the pipes black will turn yellow over time.

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Jason, nice looking pipes. Those carbons really compliment your bike, being all black and all. Just be careful, try avoiding those carbon pipes to direct sunlight much as possible, as the resin that is used to make the pipes black will turn yellow over time.

Yellow!? Sounds like I'll have to invest in a half-cover for when I leave the bike in the parking lot at work.

At home, I always have it under a cover and in my car port.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is an awesome looking bike Serraph. I love the black and carbon fiber combo. :thumbup::thumbup:
I noticed you took the front fairing off and made it look semi-naked. What type of mirrors are you using bro? Did you have to get specific mirror adapters and handle bar mounts? If so you please share the sizing details. I'm in the process of getting handle-bar mounted mirrors and want to know what adapters are needed. Cheers.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Not worth the effort to powdercoat...i'd rather go with plan a and cover with tape and spray paint. i'll see if i can find some plastic instead though.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great photos, Serraph, and thank you for describing the replacement bolts/hardware you needed, now I can buy mine tomorrow and not fool around when the cans finally arrive (I got my ship notice email a couple days ago).

I also ordered the Competition Werks Fender Eliminator kit, might as well get everything done in one fell swoop. I'll post pics when the deed's done.

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Here's a walk-around video that I made. It should give a good idea of how loud these are even at idle.

Yamaha FZ6 Fazer w/ M4 Carbon Fiber Exhaust - LiveVideo.com

That is an awesome looking bike Serraph. I love the black and carbon fiber combo. :thumbup::thumbup:
I noticed you took the front fairing off and made it look semi-naked. What type of mirrors are you using bro? Did you have to get specific mirror adapters and handle bar mounts? If so you please share the sizing details. I'm in the process of getting handle-bar mounted mirrors and want to know what adapters are needed. Cheers.

Thanks. :)

The bars on the FZ6 are 7/8" diameter, and the mirrors that I used had 10mm threads.
Here's a link to the mirrors that I used. MRU-015
Black Handlebar Mount Adapters: MRA-F1-SB-BLK

Great photos, Serraph, and thank you for describing the replacement bolts/hardware you needed, now I can buy mine tomorrow and not fool around when the cans finally arrive (I got my ship notice email a couple days ago).

I also ordered the Competition Werks Fender Eliminator kit, might as well get everything done in one fell swoop. I'll post pics when the deed's done.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing yours mounted up. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Serraph

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
looks and sounds awsome. The carbon on black is perfect. Would love to hear a video revving it up a bit though.

I'll post a video this upcoming weekend with some low, mid, and high RPM engine revving.

Do these come with install instructions? Are the difficult to install?

Yes, they come with instructions and it is fairly easy.

Basically you just remove your seat, rear fender, rear cowling, plastic exhaust cover, and stock exhaust pipes. Then bolt on the new pipe and it's support straps/bracket and finally reinstall your cowling, fender, and seat.

It took me about 2 hours on Sat. morning, but most of that was just figuring out where all the bolts that I had to remove were.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
after sitting at UPS in texass for a week, i guess it finally came to California today, and my ETA is 4:00pm...right before I go home...and of course next door because the idiot UPS guy never delivers our stuff to our office. I guess he's into fugly oompa-loompas. I gotta resist putting them on tonight! Might be easy if I can't figure out how to take them home :p