Group Buy: Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a picture of how the slave cylinder attaches to the clutch arm on the engine,how do you mount it? what happens with the cable bracket?how is the slave cylinder fixed,and how is it adjusted?

thanks

Last edited:

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
does anyone have a picture of how the slave cylinder attaches to the clutch arm on the engine,how do you mount it? what happens with the cable bracket?how is the slave cylinder fixed,and how is it adjusted?

thanks

To answer your questions:

1: Pictures to come 11/24/2010

2:The clutch cable bracket is used to mount the slave cylinder; no modifications or removal required.

3: See #2. The slave cylinder is self-adjusting.

Hope this helps :)

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
To answer your questions:

1: Pictures to come 11/24/2010

2:The clutch cable bracket is used to mount the slave cylinder; no modifications or removal required.

3: See #2. The slave cylinder is self-adjusting.

Hope this helps :)

Great,can't wait pictures :)

Thanks for the explanation

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks,

pictures are good enough to see what's happening down there.

I get the idea now,how the slave cylinder operates.

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm reviving a dead thread, I know, but after reading this I'm about ready to buy one. Are you guys all still happy with yours?

$390 is pretty steep for me, so I may try to organize another group buy. $280 is a bit high, too. I was hoping for more like $200 when I first saw the thread. Any chance prices have dropped? I'm going to contact Magura and see.

Thanks for all the great posts.

Dmitrius

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm reviving a dead thread, I know, but after reading this I'm about ready to buy one. Are you guys all still happy with yours?

$390 is pretty steep for me, so I may try to organize another group buy. $280 is a bit high, too. I was hoping for more like $200 when I first saw the thread. Any chance prices have dropped? I'm going to contact Magura and see.

Thanks for all the great posts.

Please post your findings regarding pricing and availability. I'd like to buy one!

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted them, and the group size required is still 5, the price has dropped very slightly to $275. I was a little disappointed. I opened a new group buy thread, but haven't had any replies. Lots of views, though. I haven't posted on -- gasp! -- sbn yet, (If you read this, please don't tell my bike that I even have an account there.) I imagine that if I get a list of compatible bikes that we can get a group together. Honestly though, I'd rather get one of killernoodle's mods done. The feedback from it is good, and it's about one-fifth the price. I'm not sure when he's gonna do it, though. I think about asking (again) when he us ready to rev up another batch, but I don' wanna be a pest. For the cost of a singly purchased magura hydro kit, ($380?) I could buy a mini mill and fab my own cable mod. I don't have the spare hours to build the expertise, though. :(

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I contacted them, and the group size required is still 5, the price has dropped very slightly to $275. I was a little disappointed. I opened a new group buy thread, but haven't had any replies. Lots of views, though. I haven't posted on -- gasp! -- sbn yet, (If you read this, please don't tell my bike that I even have an account there.) I imagine that if I get a list of compatible bikes that we can get a group together. Honestly though, I'd rather get one of killernoodle's mods done. The feedback from it is good, and it's about one-fifth the price. I'm not sure when he's gonna do it, though. I think about asking (again) when he us ready to rev up another batch, but I don' wanna be a pest. For the cost of a singly purchased magura hydro kit, ($380?) I could buy a mini mill and fab my own cable mod. I don't have the spare hours to build the expertise, though. :(
I'm interested in the group buy for the Magura clutch, what do I do?

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in the group buy for the Magura clutch, what do I do?

I started a thread. It has had zero responses, but there has been one other via PM showing interest here. Three is close to the threshold if everyone's still in. (PM'ing the other.)

Here's the thread I started:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/group-purchases/30362-group-buy-magura-hymec-hydraulic-clutch.html

I think that posting for all bikes that support the same model on the evil SBN (SV650, FZ6 and maybe others?) might rouse enough interest to get discount group buy pricing in short order. And when i say evil, I'm not kidding. It's the dark side over there, man.

Last edited:

Steve'sFJR

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone up for this hydraulic clutch group buy still? I am unhappy with the cable clutch action with the FZ6 I just bough used. It is really sensitive and not very smooth even after I just replaced the cable with a new one. I'm hoping I can fix that with a hydraulic setup...

Anyone?!?

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm gonna hold out for killernoodle's mod. If he's not ready by mid- March though, I may re-evaluate my decision. I just missed his batch last year, and if I had the year to do over again would have just gone hydraulic last spring, but it sounds like things that use cables will soon materialize. And really, for the cost of just a few hydraulic kits, one could purchase a CNC machine and mini mill. But the welding expertise, powder coating oven, all those things add up. So for me, for now, no. Sorry, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.