Group Ride Rules!!!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
i am gonna say this was a one off but i still got to laugh even though it is quite cruell to be honest so i am ready for the flaming. But on one ride out here in the UK, there was 7 of us. all on sprts bikes ( this is when i had my R6 ) anyway things got a little heated and we went through this one built up area doing about 100mph (was late at night, no pedestrians) and there was one chap who was actually new to riding so wasnt on the pace. well later found out that a cop seen up in the built up area and couldent keep up so pulled the slow guy at the back

Fair play the guy didnt rat on us so i brought him a drink. funny now i look back though

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The last big forum ride we did through Angeles Crest Forest Cali rider (John) brought some dayglo vests so that we had a lead rider and tail rider. It made it easier for Us to see the front and back of the group.

We had a blast! Can't wait for our next ride! :D

37022d1310879156-norcal-socal-ride-2011-100_2492.jpg

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The last big forum ride we did through Angeles Crest Forest Cali rider (John) brought some dayglo vests so that we had a lead rider and tail rider. It made it easier for Us to see the front and back of the group.

We had a blast! Can't wait for our next ride! :D

37022d1310879156-norcal-socal-ride-2011-100_2492.jpg

Never noticed it before, but look how everyone is all geared up! It says a lot about the group, riders and this forum.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Most of this is mentioned in the first post here, but I thought I'd share anyway. I was reading a Sport Rider magazine while watching my son at the skate park and thought this article was deserving of a link here. We recently went on a group ride where one of us mistook a signal and went off roading. Signals are mentioned in this article as well as other saftey ideas.

Group Riding | Riding Skills Series - Sport Rider Magazine

One other article worth mentioning is a group riding pdf file form the MSF website. I'll attach a copy with this post.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
revive stay alive...

Ok so I honestly was expecting rule no. 1 to be; dont talk about fight club/group riding...

Good guidelines, esp. 10. Only group ridden once, in a huge group of mixed styles. I was on my M50 at the time so I got stuck with the harley/slow pokes watching all the sport's flying by!