ha, chillin with my mates

When i was originlly looking i got quoted 2300 for scorpions, so the price so far are nice and cheap in relation but still too dame expensive for this little duck.

Last edited:
I had a quote from a US dealer for SS Scorps for $600 shipped .
$1200 is a rip off !
Hi Ozfazer6

If you dont mind can you let me know who this is, as most of the US people I have contacted just don't reply. I have e-mailed Mammoth Motorsporst in CA twice now as they are listed as a distributor on the Scorpion website but they too dont reply to my e-mails.

Here is the link to the shop I got the quote from.They dont seem to have the scorps on there at the moment but they do have others .
They are also on ebay as world_wide_motorcyle_equipment.
Street, Dirt Bike and ATV Wholesale Motorcycle Parts Equipment & Accessories | Home Page | StarCycle, USA

Had a good look at their site, very comprehensive, hate to be picky, but have you read any reviews, or customer feedback re these guys service...especially from an oversea's shipping point of view, i would be nervous, it's a long way to send something.

Its the risk you take, i know of guys that have got pipes from the states with no issues, but im sure if i did they would probably only send half and the half that got here would have been damaged with no recourse.

Its the risk you take, i know of guys that have got pipes from the states with no issues, but im sure if i did they would probably only send half and the half that got here would have been damaged with no recourse.

Lol....and so much for the glass half full attitude!But history tells us that when you send stuff a long way, s*#t happens!

In the past I've ordered stuff from Europe & the US,if you pay a bit extra for fed-ex or ups you can track the parcel on your pc:rockon:

Another thing is if it attracts a customs charge,I got a $700 leo vince pipe from Germany(not for FZ) & when it got to oz,it cost me another hunge to get it through customs:wtf:

Another thing is if it attracts a customs charge,I got a $700 leo vince pipe from Germany(not for FZ) & when it got to oz,it cost me another hunge to get it through customs:wtf:
Nobby , I dont understand that.I thought about the customs duty as well so I emailed customs and they told me you only pay duty and GST on items over $1000.
Here is the reply I got from them:
Hi Mick,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Goods imported into Australia up to the value of A$1000 are free of duty and GST (excluding alcohol and cigarettes).

Goods imported above this amount pay 10% GST and the duty rate will vary depending on the actual goods.

If goods are valued at greater than A$1000 then duty and GST is payable on the total amount.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sara Kotevski
Senior Customs Officer
Customs Information & Support Centre
Phone: 1300 363 263
Fax: 8339 6712
Customs home page

It was 2002 so maybe it's changed,but I do remember because it was a round metal cylinder it had to be x-rayed.:don'tknow:

Wolfman - still awaitin' the sound files of the debaffled pipes.

Cheers:thumbup:

Still awaiting the return of my video camera from the friend who borrowed it for "a couple of days" about a month ago...lol!

But at least you have reminded me to get on the case.

got clip from sunday but unless wolf acn compress it or convert it, you might not get to hear. I have posted photos of his can on other thread.Unless someone can tell me what to do with a avi video file,(damn cheap crap camera)

I tried to convert it last night, best i could do via loading free video format conversion programme....was a 50% conversion! all the free trial's only do a 50% conversion, so that you buy the full version...stuff that.

and now i dont know how to attach an mpeg3 file on here???

Wolfman,I got a free program called DVDFlick, I use it to convert AVI's to DVD,works a treat,it can even trick a dvd player into thinking a cd is a dvd !

Back