Have you had your FZ6 stolen, attempted stolen or vandalized?

Have you had your bike stolen or vandalized?

• I've been lucky!

Votes: 176 81.9%
  • Yes, it's been stolen

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • It's been attempted stolen

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Some punk vandalized it!!

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

Kanten

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see there's so many happy campers out there who get to keep their bike to them selves.
Looking at the naked-bike, I think it looks way more expensive than it is. It was parked 30 feet from a brand new KTM RC8 that was untouched!
In Norway bikes are pretty expensive anyways, so it's always going to be elegable to steal. I bought my 2007 naked with 15k miles on it for about $12000 in february and that's a reasonable price!

As for the cover and chain, I don't want to ride around with 20 pounds of metal around my neck. Besides, it's just too much trouble. I know... "So there's no trouble in getting your bike stolen?" :BLAA:

For a while I was honestly considering a Vespa for a while so I could have it to my self!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of years ago I parked my bike in a different part of the street (in a designated bike area) than where I regularly park when going to work.

Come back at the end of the day and found that one of the tank badges had been pulled off. Quite pissed off.

Guess the prick that did it assumed that it was a 'reserved' parking area when its a public parking area.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A couple of years ago I parked my bike in a different part of the street (in a designated bike area) than where I regularly park when going to work.

Come back at the end of the day and found that one of the tank badges had been pulled off. Quite pissed off.

Guess the prick that did it assumed that it was a 'reserved' parking area when its a public parking area.

it is unbelievable what people will do anymore. no one has respect for others property, it is a real shame.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have advice for me about my FZ6? I have to commute to Newark, NJ for school and the parking lot there doesnt seem particularly secure. Newark is a pretty bad place in most parts and Im sure the likely-hood my bike will be jacked up is around 300% higher just for being in the area. I was thinking about finding a spot all the way in the back of the parking lot, driving down two 100 pound weights and a large chain and leaving them to chain my bike up when I have to go to school lol.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
when i had my old ninja 250 i left it outside in a parking lot at fairfield university, ct next morning i found someone ashed a cig on seat! it left a very small hole but damn wtf no decency!

But for my FZ i bought this chain: mammoth chain SUPER HEAVY! FITS UNDER THE SEAT! its cheaper than kryptonite chains $80
Motorcycle security chain lock cable lock pad lock | eBay

it comes 71 inches long, 12mm thick and weighs a good 13 pounds
photo9-1.jpg

i had cut off 12 links off and it is now 3ft 10inch w the lock and weighs 8 lbs
i hit it w a dremel n i take a good long time to cut thru it
photo10-1.jpg

photo8-2.jpg

here it is under the seat: it closes perfectly no trouble wat so ever
photo7-3.jpg

i usually lock it up to my givi bars like so: keepin the lock off the ground
photo5-3.jpg

here u can see if weighs 7lbs w/o the lock:
photo4-3.jpg

under the seat has a 7lbs weight limit:
photo6-4.jpg

i bring this chain everywhere! hope this was helpful

Dave in Houston

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very fortunate. I park in the garage at home, and at work it's in covered parking behind behind gated security. I don't know every one of the hundreds of people who work there, but I know a lot of them, and it's kind of like extended family.

The only time my bike is left parked unattended is on Sunday morning at church, and I pull it up just about 30 feet from the front door.

I think (hope) the chances of my bike remaining unmolested are pretty good.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone had bike jacked with just the wheel turned and locked (OEM ignition lock option)??QUOTE]

Back in 1979, my RD400 was stolen out of the college motorcycle parking lot. The wheel was turned and the OEM was locked. The police think the thieves picked up the bike and loaded into the back of a large truck. They stole 8 bikes that night! Bastards, that still bugs me. My favorite bike of all time!

The FZ is very close second!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had some local crack head give my bike a thorough exam while I was in petsmart last week. As I approached my bike, the guy parked next to me said some lady walked around my bike touching everything....He gave me a description and a direction she headed....So I waited by my trusty steed for a while......and out she comes from the chinese food place in all her glory.....Fake leopard furry jacket, leopard silk shirt, black mini dress, high heels.......
And a face that looked like the devil sucked the life out of it, and all this at 10 am!

The guy parked next to me gave me the nod that that was her.....:eek:

I'll save you the multitude of 4 letter words that were exchanged, but I think my feelings had been expressed:Flip:

Thanks again, GIVI !!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had some local crack head give my bike a thorough exam while I was in petsmart last week. As I approached my bike, the guy parked next to me said some lady walked around my bike touching everything....He gave me a description and a direction she headed....So I waited by my trusty steed for a while......and out she comes from the chinese food place in all her glory.....Fake leopard furry jacket, leopard silk shirt, black mini dress, high heels.......
And a face that looked like the devil sucked the life out of it, and all this at 10 am!

The guy parked next to me gave me the nod that that was her.....:eek:

I'll save you the multitude of 4 letter words that were exchanged, but I think my feelings had been expressed:Flip:

Thanks again, GIVI !!!

Lol from how you describe her it seems more like she didnt see your bike as a paycheck but the owner....if you get what im sayin...lol

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Does it count if you're the one that was the vandal? (mod gone wrong)

I had a $400 dollar helmet and gloves stolen off mine, I don't leave my helmet with it anymore unless it is locked.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol from how you describe her it seems more like she didnt see your bike as a paycheck but the owner....if you get what im sayin...lol

Sent from my Pocket Rocket with Tapatalk

:BLAA:......Yeah, after reading it again I can see how it would sound like that. But, Im not one to speculate.....she just wasnt dressed for church.

Stealing is my BIGGEST pet peave! I'll be dammed if Im gonna work my a$$ off so I can afford to live out a dream of owning a motorcycle then have some low life trash bag take something off of it so they can buy drugs or a bottle of booze.

You want money???? Come wash my truck or mow my lawn

Clovis

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had my FZ6 stolen but my R1 was stolen in 2008 by some black guy out of a parking lot.

A year later it was located across the country in North Carolina. The police gave me his name and Mecklenburg County has an awesome inmate search.

Antwone Johnson

This douche bag

getimagefromdbby.asp

Charges:

1150B STOLEN VEHICLE - POSSESSING
07/21/2009 01:00 PM REL

1150B DRIVING WHILE LICENSE REVOKED

1150B RECKLESS DRIVING - WILLFUL/WANTON DISREG

1150B SPEEDING

This douche bag has been arrested 4 times in the last 2 years... most recently 2 weeks ago for failure to pay child support. What a winner!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
the only thing is that people like to sit on it.....I enjoy walking up to them and sayin "cool bike bro, is it urs?"
"yea it is, cool huh?"
"are you sure its yours(sticks my key in the ignition)now get the F#$K off my bike" :Flip:

but the parking decks here are under surveillance and there are dbag cops everywhere, at home it stays in the garage next to the gun case. :thumbup:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be so upset if someone were sitting on my bike. :/

Not sure exactly when it happened, but this spring somebody put two deep, zigzag scratches in the plastic below my seat. Grr.

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Have not had any issues in the month I have owned my FZ6 lol. But I have had problems with my car parked in my stall under my apartment building. No vandelism, but they did steal my stereo system and break into several other cars as well(everyone thinks its someone that lives there....yay).

I bought a cover and plan to buy a nice chain to lock it to the cement pole. I live in a decent neighborhood, but crack heads are everywhere :(

In the winter I plan to store it in a locked garage with security alarms and cameras.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
i have never had any problems, i live in a good older neighborhood and know everyone for 5 houses in any direction:rockon:

there were a group of "thugs" trying to break in to my neighbors garage (also his place of business) at 2A.M. as i was coming home one night in my car, i parked on the side street as to not startle them went inside and grabbed my shotgun, the sound of me racking a shell into the chamber was enough to tell them to leave:Flip:

LeaN69

Reaction score
Visit site
Nobody ever messed with my FZ

but as far as locking it up goes, if it sits outside all a thief need is a buddy and pickup truck. If somebody really wants it, they will get it :/ sadly...

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of people sitting on bikes... The other day I was walking back to the bike after our flag football game to see a little kid (4 year old, tops) sitting on the bike with his mom standing next to him taking pictures. As I was walking up I was kind of mad about it, but it was way too cute to stay mad. He was even making little race noises! So adorable!

i parked on the side street as to not startle them went inside and grabbed my shotgun, the sound of me racking a shell into the chamber was enough to tell them to leave
Gotta love Texas!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA::BLAA:
^^^^I was thinking of the same thing^^^^
Texas, where everything is big according to a Geico commercial. Why deal with a 9mm when you got a SHOTGUN!!