Have you had your FZ6 stolen, attempted stolen or vandalized?

Have you had your bike stolen or vandalized?

• I've been lucky!

Votes: 176 81.9%
  • Yes, it's been stolen

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • It's been attempted stolen

Votes: 15 7.0%
  • Some punk vandalized it!!

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I always keep the cover on the bike.

No d-bag will try to sit on it then.

I guess i wouldn't even care if somebody would sit on it. Go ahead. Just don't fu*king knock it over.

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i have installed a camera with night vision, installed an alarm system on the bike , put a light sensor and to steal my bike from where its located you need to know how to get it out or else it will take you more than 30 mins especially with the bike not running

CodeMonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2008 FZ6 brand new and didn't have a problem while I was married because we lived in a decent neighborhood and we had a security system on the house and a spotlight on my driveway at night. I moved to an older house last year and kept it parked in my driveway up close to the house. I had problems with the steering lock so I kept it unlocked (big mistake).

Lately I noticed new neighbors who appeared to be dealing drugs and some tweakers hanging around. Should have been a red flag. Last Friday around 4 PM I drove my Jeep to grab me something to eat and 20 minutes later I pulled up and the bike was gone. Filed a report with the police and called my insurance company.

Today I went to Lowes which was less than a mile from my house and I saw a guy pull up in a silver FZ6 (mine was black with the stickers removed). I approached the guy to talk about his bike when I noticed "his" bike had the same custom foot-pegs my bike had. He asked if I owned an FZ6 and I said "I used to..." and walked away. I called 911 and tried to follow him and his new female passenger (who I suspect works at Lowes). He spotted me and took off, so I lost track of him.

Two hours later the police called and said they found my bike. I arrived to where it was found and the guy trashed it. He broke my seat so he could cut wires and steal the battery. Every single lock had been punched with a screwdriver. It was scuffed and the paint job was obviously done with a can, and my license plate was stolen and tools scattered everywhere. I had to go back home and get my trailer to pick it up.

Right now it sits on my trailer in the same spot it was stolen, but with padlocks on the brake rotor and a lock on my trailer. One of my neighbors was spotted walking around my Jeep and trailer.

Next week I'm having cameras installed at my house, and once I get my FZ6 running again it will not be left out unsecured again. I've never had a vehicle stolen before so I was pretty lax on securing it. That won't happen again.

The picture is right after it was found and the officer is dusting for prints...

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Never had and issue and never want to. At my moms house it stays in the garage. At my house in manhattan it was usually cable locked to the front porch. Now at my apt its parked next to a carport. I need to get my cable lock and lock her to it, I usually park my truck next to it since its like a spot and a half wide and it gives me a scare every once and awhile because I can't see it through the truck lol

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
I got on my bike a month ago and realized all my trip counters were reset. Figured the kids down the street jumped on it and were pushing buttons.

Realized miles down the road that it was impossible without the key and remembered that I disconnected the battery to weld the givi racks. What a dolt.

crazycd1

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 has been fine but I did have a Suzuki 50cc dirt bike stolen from me. My sister dropped it off while I was at work so it was outside a few hours. Later that night I stuck it in an unsecured shed in my back yard and put it behind a tractor and covered it with a kiddie pool. a few days later I noticed things were moved around and I looked and the bike was gone. Someone must have seen it that day she dropped it off..... Felt horrible to tell her it was gone.. I was just going to tune it up for her...
I have moved since then and currently live on a private road so not much gets touched back here so the FZ6 has been okay! I still keep a close eye one everything.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my bike in a parking deck with the steering locked, and my helmet on a cable lock on the passenger foot peg. I came back to it with my helmet hanging off the side, the bike in neutral (I always leave it in gear), moved 5ft forward (I parked against the line since there were others sharing the space) and the gas tank key guard flipped up.

I parked right by the elevators right in front of a camera but Cobb county Sherriffs would not let me see the footage since nothing was stolen or technically vandalized.

Needless to say I was quite beside myself......IDK how angry I would have been if it was stolen.....

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
(I parked against the line since there were others sharing the space) .

Could have just been someone making space? I'd be pissed if it'd been moved, but not so much if it had a note on explaining why. Seems odd anyway. If it were that easy to move, you'd expect it to be gone.......

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dirt bags :Flip: are why I have full coverage insurance. If my FZ6 is ever stolen I don't want it back, don't want to deal with the hassle.

I will just want the insurance money and then it will be time for a new project :rockon:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
Could have just been someone making space? I'd be pissed if it'd been moved, but not so much if it had a note on explaining why. Seems odd anyway. If it were that easy to move, you'd expect it to be gone.......

definitely not just to make space...there are usually 3 bikes there total in a space that can probably hold 20, and if you are moving it then why flip up the key guard on the gas tank and not at least put my helmet back up?

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirt bags :Flip: are why I have full coverage insurance. If my FZ6 is ever stolen I don't want it back, don't want to deal with the hassle.

I will just want the insurance money and then it will be time for a new project :rockon:

Easy to say when it hasn't been stolen. My insurance paid fairly quickly. But lost the 1200 in mods.

Bought the 08 new in 09 with 14 miles on it. Needless to say I grew attached to it in three years.

But where I live is small enough even if they put the engine on something else. I know what it sounds like with open exhaust, muffled and if they are stupid enough to put the two bro on something else there are very specific things that I will know it's mine.

I know someone who knows me took it. I even kept friends with one on Facebook.

I posted one day- "it's been over a year since my bike was stolen and I know some of you may know who did it. Now I cannot press charges- if you are man enough, just walk up and admit it if you're such a baddass because I will not press charges, but that will be the day I will find every single one of you weather youre alone, together, or at walmart with your girl and child. I hope you are feeling strong, I really do."

Never again will I become a victim.

Last edited:

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
What's easy to say when it has not been stolen? Who says I have not had a bike stolen? My last bike was badass and was a magazine built bike but the bastards cut the chain a stole it. Never expect to get money for mods back when sold.

Easy to say when it hasn't been stolen. My insurance paid fairly quickly. But lost the 1200 in mods.

Bought the 08 new in 09 with 14 miles on it. Needless to say I grew attached to it in three years.

But where I live is small enough even if they put the engine on something else. I know what it sounds like with open exhaust, muffled and if they are stupid enough to put the two bro on something else there are very specific things that I will know it's mine.

I know someone who knows me took it. I even kept friends with one on Facebook.

I posted one day- "it's been over a year since my bike was stolen and I know some of you may know who did it. Now I cannot press charges- if you are man enough, just walk up and admit it if you're such a baddass because I will not press charges, but that will be the day I will find every single one of you weather youre alone, together, or at walmart with your girl and child. I hope you are feeling strong, I really do."

Never again will I become a victim.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
What's easy to say when it has not been stolen? Who says I have not had a bike stolen? My last bike was badass and was a magazine built bike but the bastards cut the chain a stole it. Never expect to get money for mods back when stolen*.

Fixed that. You can get the mod money but have to carry the insurance that covers it. What kind of bike was yours?

The- "if my fz was ever stolen" led me to believe that it hasn't been stolen. The topic of the thread.

justaguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Fixed that. You can get the mod money but have to carry the insurance that covers it. What kind of bike was yours?

The- "if my fz was ever stolen" led me to believe that it hasn't been stolen. The topic of the thread.

Never mind as this is getting off topic. I have had three bikes stolen of various model and customizations and always carry the extra insurance to cover the mods as its only a few dollars a month.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Never mind as this is getting off topic. I have had three bikes stolen of various model and customizations and always carry the extra insurance to cover the mods as its only a few dollars a month.

Fair enough.

Last edited:

seanalan329

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a mod headlight and the bracket just broke (metal fatigue). I ordered a new headlight just to change it up. It's been sitting for a week and while I was cleaning up and preparing the wiring I noticed someone cut my ignition wires! Can it be hot wired this way or were they just being dicks? Is it easy to fix such as simply crimping the wires back together?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a mod headlight and the bracket just broke (metal fatigue). I ordered a new headlight just to change it up. It's been sitting for a week and while I was cleaning up and preparing the wiring I noticed someone cut my ignition wires! Can it be hot wired this way or were they just being dicks? Is it easy to fix such as simply crimping the wires back together?

Disconnect the battery negative lead reattach the wires per the color code. Then see if the bike starts. If it won't start PM me or post here with symptoms and I will help.
A new member on the forum is going through the same thing. http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...-bike-attempted-stolen-now-i-have-issues.html