Heading to Tennessee to ride, need help?

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, As I write this it is -9 degrees out. I will be heading to the pigion forge, gatlinburg area of tennessee in 2 weeks for spring break. Cant wait for sumin at least a little warmer!! Blah. I am going with 8 other buddys and we are all taking our bikes down. I am in need of advice of where to ride!? I will for sure be hitting of the tail of the dragon. Any help would be great! Thanks!!

JayyVee

IT Overlord
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, As I write this it is -9 degrees out. I will be heading to the pigion forge, gatlinburg area of tennessee in 2 weeks for spring break. Cant wait for sumin at least a little warmer!! Blah. I am going with 8 other buddys and we are all taking our bikes down. I am in need of advice of where to ride!? I will for sure be hitting of the tail of the dragon. Any help would be great! Thanks!!

The Dragon/Wolf Pen Gap, Blood Mountain/Brasstown Bald, Cherohala Skyway, Blueridge Parkway would all be cool to come down to/from TN area (cut through Maggie Valley for Blueridge, neat lil mountain town). Essentially any non-highway road north of Dalagona GA is gonna be a fun ride. :)

Also of note (for others here interested as well) there is a big ride to Brasstown Bald from The Georgia Mall March 15th (Saturday) leaving the mall at 11am - who knows how many bikes, but 'over 140' so far say they are going. I doubt it'll amount to that many but...

Link to info if you or others might be interested, C2W is talking about it in this vid as he's one of the guys coordinating:

First Big Meetup of 2014! - YouTube

Or just enjoy the mtns with your 8 buds, smaller groups are easier to manage being in for sure. If you see a horde of bikers along the way - wave for miles! :D

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't been up there in the early spring but from north Alabama up thru Chattanooga they tend to put stuff like sand and gravel on the roads during bad weather - snow and ice. It's been a really bad winter down here - two big snows (2 to 3") and one time it got down to 8 degrees! :) Don't laugh you should see the people try to drive int eh snow. Really funny till you get stuck behind them and they just abandon their vehicle wherever it happens to be! Still have to be careful about sand and crud on the streets. Also potholes are worse this year.

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't been up there in the early spring but from north Alabama up thru Chattanooga they tend to put stuff like sand and gravel on the roads during bad weather - snow and ice. It's been a really bad winter down here - two big snows (2 to 3") and one time it got down to 8 degrees! :) Don't laugh you should see the people try to drive int eh snow. Really funny till you get stuck behind them and they just abandon their vehicle wherever it happens to be! Still have to be careful about sand and crud on the streets. Also potholes are worse this year.

Thats good advice :thumbup: didn't think about sand and salt on the roads. With an inch or 2 here, we dont do anything about it lol

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
dude the weather sucked in TN the last few weeks! How was your trip? How did the Dragon treat you?