hearing a weird noise on my fazer 2014 model military edition

lokeshkar

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all...

i own a fazer yamaha limited edition.

I have this problem with my new 2014 Fazer which i bought on feb 14 2014

There's a weird whining/screeching noise, when i drive the bike to 60 0r more than 60...

This would mean that....
- When i drive at speed below 60 no noise. smooth ride.
- When i drive more than 60 i hear the noise screech. not heard before.
- When the clutch is disengaged, and the throttle is held high, the whining sound is less noticeable when i release the throttle.
- This all problems i notice when the bike is on run and also on side stand.

When i found this issue immediately i gone over internet and i found a thread some what related to me. the user have said that he tried this issue on centre stand no sound.

Same i tried there is no sound i see... Am little bit confused on what to do next.
Only one service i completed. My bike ran so far 1600kms.

Can anyone give me an idea what could be wrong so I can look into that area. Don't want an errant mechanic to start giving me wrong info so he can shanghai me into a full rebuild, if un-needed.

Thanks all!!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Could the noise just be the center stand vibrating?

Some people, me included have had issues with the levers or the radiator cover emitting some very high pitched vibration noises at certain RPM.

Before i changed my stock levers to aftermarket the clutch lever would rattle and do this weird screeching noise around 8000rpm and 11000rpm, if i kept a finger on it it stopped.

Maybe your noise is the center stand vibrating, check that the bolts are tight, maybe tape some padding around it, just as a test, and go for a ride. That would rule out center stand vibration.

Obviously, make sure it's not your clutch lever, it honestly doesn't sound like it's even coming form the lever, i had to google it and it's only after reading about this issue on the forum that i tried riding with a finger on the lever and discovered it came from it.

If none of the above, i would check that the chain is not to tight, and that the rear wheel is aligned properly...

oh, and do you mind posting a few pictures of your bike? You have me curious about this 2014 limited edition!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've also had my helmet make some funny noises that sounded like a siren at highway speeds when one of the air vents was open

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hi all...

i own a fazer yamaha limited edition.

I have this problem with my new 2014 Fazer which i bought on feb 14 2014

Thanks all!!

A big :welcome: to the forum :thumbup: unfortunately I can't help you with your problems, this forum is really meant for the FZ6 but there are a lot of great guys on this Forum who might be able to help you out, with their wealth of knowledge of other bikes.

......oh, and do you mind posting a few pictures of your bike? You have me curious about this 2014 limited edition!

When I googled Fazer and India (where lokeshkar comes from) I think he's talking about the Fazer 150.