Hello from Chicagoland!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums (even though the nice members here have already helped me a bit)!

I got my first bike just this past weekend. It's a completely stock, 2004 FZ6 in the faster blue color with 12,500 on the odometer. :Flash:

I've only put about 40 miles on it so far because of the poor weather around here, but I'm already loving this bike. I've ridden ATV's and dirtbikes for a better part of my life and the transition to road riding has been exciting!

Without further adieu, here she is!

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Getting more people from the area on the forum! I just met a newer member (forget his username :spank:) at 31st street harbor in Chicago at an in water boat show this past weekend.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: sweet finding one that old with such little mileage on it. What'd you pay?

I would actually like to try dirt riding one time to really get comfortable with all the emergency maneuvers I could try (and drifting ;) ) to improve my street riding

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, blue is always the fastest color.

It's the Yamaha colors, it's got to be! :thumbup:

Welcome! Getting more people from the area on the forum! I just met a newer member (forget his username :spank:) at 31st street harbor in Chicago at an in water boat show this past weekend.

Well I'm really from the western suburbs. I'm around 30-40 minutes from the city depending upon traffic.

:welcome: sweet finding one that old with such little mileage on it. What'd you pay?

I would actually like to try dirt riding one time to really get comfortable with all the emergency maneuvers I could try (and drifting ;) ) to improve my street riding

I paid $3300. Which was a little over what I wanted to pay, but the bike was even cleaner in person than the pictures showed.

On the topic of dirt riding, I've never done it in a race setting, but there is nothing like a loose surface to teach you recovery and evasion strategies.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With all these new Chicago members popping up, we really have to work on getting some casual meet ups going. Just went to Starved Rock on the 6 with the wife and there are some nice roads there.

I'm in Lisle, by the way.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm really from the western suburbs. I'm around 30-40 minutes from the city depending upon traffic.

Me too. I'm actually in the SW burbs; Lockport to be specific.

With all these new Chicago members popping up, we really have to work on getting some casual meet ups going. Just went to Starved Rock on the 6 with the wife and there are some nice roads there.

I'm in Lisle, by the way.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should. I think a ride to Starved Rock is the only thing worth doing. Nothing else around that makes a good day trip and offers fun roads without a lot of traffic.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Getting a ride together sounds like a great idea. I have a couple of buddies who rode up to Starved Rock recently and I bet they might want to join as well. I'm from right around Wheaton so we're really not all that far apart. :cheer:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be down for Starved Rock, add me to the list!

Oh, Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive isn't bad either. There isn't anything sharp enough to get a knee down, but it's still a lot of fun.