Hello From Rhode Island

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! My name's Jessee and I am from Rhode Island. Just put a deposit down on a 2008 FZ6 with 4xxx miles on her. Got her to commute and just general fun riding. I do have a question though as I am confused. I was told there was a 78 hp version and a 98 hp version, is there a way to tell which you have? Not a big deal to me either way, but it's nice info to know.
r0b6ld.jpg

14t3jnp.jpg

Wildcat_drvr

Great-Grandpaw!
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Aboard!
You've joined the best Forum ever!
All US bikes have all the power,
Blue claims to be the fastest But,,
Raven black is the Sexiest!
If you had gotten Black
Women would be leaping in front of your Bike,
That's why they put such good brakes on 'em!
Monobloc with 4 pistons per caliper!
And '08 is a very fine vintage,
Fz6 is one of the best Bikes ever!
A real all-rounder.
You can mod it any way you like.
:cool:
Rich

Last edited:

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and :welcome: to the best Forum around. At my advanced age I am having a hard time reading the pink pricing. How much are you paying for your 2008? It looks like $5995. Please post up, because I think you can do better if this is the case. I mean we are one big mostly happy family, but we do look out for each other. If it's $3995, then that might be about right, however at least the front tire has been replaced :rolleyes:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to a great mc community. Got yourself one hell of a great bike which will last you a long time!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats & Welcome!

Pay no attention to those depraved and envoius people who couldn't find a blue one. :thumbup:

Regarding the price, hey - you bought it from a dealer. While you probably could have gotten a better price privately, with the dealer you have certainty that the deal will be legit, and hopefully the dealer will help out if something goes wrong soon after the sale. The probability of problems is pretty small, and not all dealers are great guys, but that feeling is worth something. I bought mine from Craigslist but probably would have bought from a dealer if anybody around here would have had one. Be happy & enjoy those 98 ponies!

You didn't mention your experience or history, so you get the standard advice: If you're new or recently returning - take the MSF course, and regardless of experience, GEAR UP!

Welcome again!

Chris

Last edited:

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! The price is 5,795. Yes it's a bit high, but for the condition the bike is in and mileage, and the fact dealer offers warranty standard, it will help me sleep at night as this will be my daily driver until it snows. I used to own a DRZ400 that I sold after the season and have ridden many other bikes. I'm no expert,but far from noob. Always gear up :)