Hello from SoCal

Valles240

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm new to here, but not new to forums, i am always on wrxmodders.com under the same name. But anyways, i used to race motocross in the intermediate class all around southern cali and then got hurt so i sold all my bikes and truck and got a wrx. It's awesome, but I just got into street not too long ago and have been trying out a few different kinds of bikes. Haven't ridden the FZ6 yet but that is the one that i am set on for its riding position and motor. I joined this forum cause i am looking for a bike and also have a few questions as far as the years go.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
I run a YZF 600R and love it. I am planning on moving over to the FZ6 in the near future... just for the GIVI options (I am a daily commuter). The 600R has NO hard luggage options without major modifications.

I am in SoCal (Mission Viejo area) I ride every day (rain or shine)... I know you will enjoy the FZ6.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Long Beach here.. welcome!

Hey kevlarian, I ride everyday too, but let's be real, when does it rain around here? :D

If you were from England, I`d say, wow, a true hardcore rider, but saying you ride everyday -rain or shine- in southern cali is funny :Sport:

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Long Beach here.. welcome!

Hey kevlarian, I ride everyday too, but let's be real, when does it rain around here? :D

If you were from England, I`d say, wow, a true hardcore rider, but saying you ride everyday -rain or shine- in southern cali is funny :Sport:

Ha! I would say normally you are correct, but recently... been more rain than I have seen in a long time (and I have lived here my entire life). Where do you commute to/from? I often pass through LBC. I am a consultant to my travels take me all over the place. San Diego a lot lately.

gbmoney007

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. I'm also in Orange County. Sounds like we could start up a FZ6 O.C. Chapter. :) I bought the FZ6 for the same reasons, great, comfortable riding position w/ a great engine!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha! I would say normally you are correct, but recently... been more rain than I have seen in a long time (and I have lived here my entire life). Where do you commute to/from? I often pass through LBC. I am a consultant to my travels take me all over the place. San Diego a lot lately.

Yeah it rained so much lately... at least 1 or 2 days in the part month :D haha

I commute from Long Beach to Buena Park every day... about 15miles one way.

Usually I take the 605 North to the 91 East...

We should gather all Southern Cali FZ6s at some point, that would be fun!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey welcome man, I was in Orange County once, maybe twice???

I saw X play there somewhere.

Valles240

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Lots of socal people in here, good to see. Not surprising with the weather conditions though, this bike might actually take precedence over my car once in a while ;)

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the board! Good choice with the FZ6 - I think you'll love it. By the way - I just want ALL of you SoCal riders to know how jealous I am that you get to live and ride in my favorite part of the world!!! Anyone up for a marriage-of-convenience, so I can get my Green Card??? LOL :justkidding:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Lots of socal people in here, good to see. Not surprising with the weather conditions though, this bike might actually take precedence over my car once in a while ;)

"once in a while"? I can`t drive a car in LA, I want to kill ppl after 5 minutes... + bikes can get in the carpool... I say leave the wrx in the garage and take the bike everyday! :Sport:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just want ALL of you SoCal riders to know how jealous I am that you get to live and ride in my favorite part of the world!!! Anyone up for a marriage-of-convenience, so I can get my Green Card??? LOL :justkidding:

lol I can get you someone for around 2-3k :D

I actually got my green card about 2 months ago :rockon: the marriage was legit though haha

gbmoney007

Reaction score
Visit site
In to hellicopters & motorcycles...........I might already be fallin' ya' Whirlygirl! :) BTW, don't be too jealous because what we lack in rain and bad weather, we more than make up for with traffic and over-crowded cities.

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol I can get you someone for around 2-3k :D

I actually got my green card about 2 months ago :rockon: the marriage was legit though haha

Hilarious! Yeah.... I'll probably just have to go about it the "old fashioned" way :p

God knows I spend enough time down there! :thumbup: