HELP!!! need help fixing 2007 fz6

the_engineer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I was in an accident involving the front end of my bike. I have a 2007 yahama fz6. I basically just damaged the forks, handle bars, speedo and clutch lever and I was looking for used parts and found 2008 fz6 forks and parts. I am wondering if these parts will fit on my bike, I have tried searching but to no luck found anything, so I thought someone on here might be able to help me out, I really appreciate it!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the 2008 part are the same as the 2007 parts.

S1 version of the FZ6 was 2004 to 2006. S2 version (yours) is 2007 to 2009. :)

Disconnect the battery negative lead before you unplug stuff or work with the electrical

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes the 2008 part are the same as the 2007 parts.

S1 version of the FZ6 was 2004 to 2006. S2 version (yours) is 2007 to 2009. :)

Disconnect the battery negative lead before you unplug stuff or work with the electrical

That is correct, ^^ those parts will fit.
On another note, call it chance or a shameless plug on my behalf, take a look here. Could be one stop shopping in your neighborhood too. Parts

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a suggestion.

If you damaged the front end that hard, inspect the frame very closely for any cracks, damage.

The triple clamp / fork end of the frame is pretty stout but look very closely there AND around the swingarm mounting point (main large, right side bolt head is recessed) on the frame for any small cracks.

There have been a few issues of the frame cracking (some abused, some not) in that area..

Good luck!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a suggestion.

If you damaged the front end that hard, inspect the frame very closely for any cracks, damage.

The triple clamp / fork end of the frame is pretty stout but look very closely there AND around the swingarm mounting point (main large, right side bolt head is recessed) on the frame for any small cracks.

There have been a few issues of the frame cracking (some abused, some not) in that area..

Good luck!

+1!!! ^^^^

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
(((Shameless plug))

I have a front wheel from an '08 if you're interested. Brake rotors and axle and of course the rim. Tire is crap but everything else is good. Some scratches but good condition. PM me if your interested. Shipping my be a little pricey but purchasing new is even pricier.

Also have the radiator fan assembly from an 08 working in good condition.

PM me and let me know if interested.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Complete OEM Exhaust anyone???? Blah

PiggyInDeep_zps158e10a5.jpg