Help, repairing the thieves hard work

Moly220

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, short story; my bikes been recovered by the police and the thieves manages to enjoy a good old joy ride and bashing in all my locks and chopping alot of wirings!

So they have chopped my wiring from the barrel and added a switch in which turns on the ignition and then the bike can be started on the button and runs okay however my cluster doesn't work (but does light up). I don't mind having the switch tucked away however I would like my indicators to work and my speedo so I'm just wondering if anyone knows which cables are connected when the barrel ignition is turned on so I can check there work and see if it's all correct

If anyone has the wiring diagram that would be amazing as I should be able to work out what might be damaged or missing... Good old project bike on my hands now and I guess I'll look at making a street fighter kinda look, I want to repair everything a cheap as possible as the bike isn't work alot anymore with all the damage they have caused

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG20220702195603.jpg
    IMG20220702195603.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A few questions. Does the bike run with the bypasses the thieves did? Done the bike employ an immobilizer?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only advice I can give you is to find a reputable shop that is familiar with bypassing the immobilizer. If you are familiar schematics you could do this yourself. Most shops are less versed in electrical. It sounds like your bike had the immobilizer compromised or the bike had a US model ignition and ECU set up. I used to have a schematic for the bike with immobilizer but can't find it.
Any one have one?