Help With Insurance

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, I recently wrecked my '07 red FZ6 S2 and have full coverage through Geico. I desperately want to convert it to a naked bike, and was wondering if any of you have done this, or if any of you have any insight into the world of insurance.

I really want to put the FZ1N headlight on there, and put some other plastics (windscreen, bellypan, & radiator cover). And I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the check written out to me, or if I can have the check written to the shop that I'm gonna have do some of the work and they can give me the change to do what I want to it. I just don't want to make any mistakes and want my dream of a naked bike to be realized.

Also, is it possible to have money left over if the mods I want to do are less than the quote to take it back to stock? I don't want to cheat anyone out of money, but shouldn't I have the right to fix my bike any way I want? Maybe I'm off base here.

Any insights you guys/gals have are very very appreciated. :thumbup:

It will depend what your state law or regulations are, but in most states the insurance can cut the check to you and you choose what you are going to do where repairs are concerned. Geico isn't reputed as being the best and they keep their costs down by cutting corners other companies don't.

I once had my car damaged by someone else's car in a parking lot. I had both my insurance and Geico(the other party's ins.) inspect the damage. The geico assessment was a bit less than the one my insurance made, but I took it as there wasn't going to be any deductable that way. I pocketed the money as the damage was purely cosmetic and was in the market for a new car.

If your policy permits it, you should absolutely be able to recieve the insurance money personally and spend it as you please. I recently read another thread here that had a link to a site that sold the conversion, but it was more than $900.

Back