Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

So who's allowed out to play today?:D

Anyone?

Roll call?:eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX2AR-8ET4A]YouTube - Bueller, Bueller, Bueller[/ame]

Am good from 1pm!

Does that work....

:D

Does the proverbial bear do his proverbial business in the woods?:D

I need to find a way of adjusting that preload before i go, even if it means buying a tool....lol...so that'll give me a bit more time:thumbup:.

Does the proverbial bear do his proverbial business in the woods?:D

I need to find a way of adjusting that preload before i go, even if it means buying a tool....lol...so that'll give me a bit more time:thumbup:.

See you at the shop at 1pm....pre-load adjusting tools there!

:rockon:

See you at the shop at 1pm....pre-load adjusting tools there!

I might call in and say g,day if I get a chance guys :thumbup:

Have been toying with the idea to take a few days off and head up to the big rock. Havent been there before and I reckon a pic with the bike in front of it would look sweet.

Half your luck JayJay,I have never been there either .

Have been toying with the idea to take a few days off and head up to the big rock. Havent been there before and I reckon a pic with the bike in front of it would look sweet.

That would be one very long & boring ride....not much twisty stuff between here and the big rock!

:eek:

Well, Mikey & me had a great ride today....we went from Blackwood, to Clarendon, via Main Road, then through to Meadows, then to Strath, back to Meadows, Echunga, Mylor, Hahndorf, then on to the freeway...where i lost Mikey!!!! Yep, apparently bikes need petrol!

Apparently Mikey had been trying to get my attention since Meadows...but i was off in la la land as usual.....anyway, 10 minutes later after cruising at 80km/h on the Freeway , waiting for Mikey to catch up...i stopped, and realised he was not coming....cause he had gone to Verdun to get go go juice for the Krapasaki!

Anyway, we managed to eventually find each other, about 500 metres from my joint!

All good, awesome weather, not too much traffic, no fart arsing around...we just flip flopped through the Twisties with "non -gay" abandon!!!!

Was a great afternoon for a ride...we are now going to get ourselves some over-priced Schnitties from the local pub, which has just been "done up"...so Schnitty's are $20 all of a sudden!

Anyway, who cares, we got to ride 130km's of twisties today....

Damn,I took off from work early and went for a ride through the hills too.
Then my F-trip started flashing so I had to find a servo too ,lol

I started with 11 litres of petrol, before i hit reserve...and hit the F trip 3 km's from home....ny fuel economy sucked today!!! :D:D:D

There is the problem right there ,lol

You telling me that Mick has been givin the ol warhorse the berries!!!!

Those sprockets wont know wehat hit them....is that how you got them clean...shocked the crap off them!!!! :spank::scared::mikebike:

You telling me that Mick has been givin the ol warhorse the berries!!!!

LOL,a little..........since I went to -1 I been having a little fun :thumbup:

Fuel economy has dropped 20 k's per tank with the -1 ,k&n and my right hand !

Those sprockets wont know what hit them....is that how you got them clean...shocked the crap off them!!!!

Yup,I laid down the law to the dirty bastards ,lol.

Trying to wear em down a bit ,the rear is close to replacement ,not sure if I will stick with the 46 or go up one............a 48 might be too much for me .

Well, Mikey & me had a great ride today....we went from Blackwood, to Clarendon, via Main Road, then through to Meadows, then to Strath, back to Meadows, Echunga, Mylor, Hahndorf, then on to the freeway...where i lost Mikey!!!! Yep, apparently bikes need petrol!

Apparently Mikey had been trying to get my attention since Meadows...but i was off in la la land as usual.....anyway, 10 minutes later after cruising at 80km/h on the Freeway , waiting for Mikey to catch up...i stopped, and realised he was not coming....cause he had gone to Verdun to get go go juice for the Krapasaki!

Anyway, we managed to eventually find each other, about 500 metres from my joint!

All good, awesome weather, not too much traffic, no fart arsing around...we just flip flopped through the Twisties with "non -gay" abandon!!!!

Was a great afternoon for a ride...we are now going to get ourselves some over-priced Schnitties from the local pub, which has just been "done up"...so Schnitty's are $20 all of a sudden!

Anyway, who cares, we got to ride 130km's of twisties today....

Awesome weather, nice floppy ride and a ripper schnitty at the pub.:rockon:

I can confirm that any abandon had was totally non-gay:thumbup:

The scenery at the pub is rather nice now that it's been done up. Ambience everywhere:cheer:.

Shame about the fuel game...lol. Gaz suggested I could possibly get 300km out of a tank.....was hiccuping at the Verdun roundabout after 217km (on reserve....tank was nearly bone dry:eek:)

Damn,I took off from work early and went for a ride through the hills too.
Then my F-trip started flashing so I had to find a servo too ,lol

I may have actually seen you at one point....not too sure though.

I've actually hit reserve at Meadows before and ridden hard, all the way back to Hackham via Clarendon and made it to Bellamy's no worries.

You can get about 45km's safely on reserve, if you ride conservatively...

:thumbup:

Conserv......consert.....:confused:Oh!...Like a nanna:eek::D

Well I had a fairly decent ride aboard the pogo stick, but I'm gonna really have to adjust that rear shock....it's...ahem....shocking (sorry..lol).

Have noticed also that like the FZ all the stuff hanging off the sides is too low to the ground (or the ground is too high:confused:)

Cheers
Mike

Have not spoken to Mikey today, but am guessing he went riding....and i know he managed to adjust that shock...and change some oil....i am dying to know, how was it Mikey?????

Have not spoken to Mikey today, but am guessing he went riding....and i know he managed to adjust that shock...and change some oil....i am dying to know, how was it Mikey?????

:cheer::rockon::thumbup::D:Flash:
:wav::steve:
Yeah, not bad...lol.

Once the suspension is set (as it is now), and because the forks have been resprung with heavier oil it handles very well, and because of the smaller rear tire it's actually a lot more nimble than the FZ and because of the less severe power delivery, I'm already squirming out of corners (very controlled) and there's no head shaking. Because of the power delivery I can get back on the gas sooner and my corner speed is much higher, so in total it's gonna be hard to catch in the tight stuff...lol. And that's just after my 4th ride on it.

After my second lap from Clarendon to Corro I was really starting to enjoy riding it.:D

It's a real surprise package and I've gotta get Gary on it for a hoot. It will definitely be a great track bike.

Cheers
Mike

:cheer::rockon::thumbup::D:Flash:
:wav::steve:
Yeah, not bad...lol.

Once the suspension is set (as it is now), and because the forks have been resprung with heavier oil it handles very well, and because of the smaller rear tire it's actually a lot more nimble than the FZ and because of the less severe power delivery, I'm already squirming out of corners (very controlled) and there's no head shaking. Because of the power delivery I can get back on the gas sooner and my corner speed is much higher, so in total it's gonna be hard to catch in the tight stuff...lol. And that's just after my 4th ride on it.

After my second lap from Clarendon to Corro I was really starting to enjoy riding it.:D

It's a real surprise package and I've gotta get Gary on it for a hoot. It will definitely be a great track bike.

Cheers
Mike

Nice to hear old chum...i could tell that you were "morphing" with your "new" ride, the other day, even before you stiffened up ya rear! :spank:

Good job!

Back