Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

Anyone up for a ride Tomoz morning???? Setting off from my joint at about 10.30am.....could meet up at Macca's at Darlington from 10.45am....Hills run, with Mikey.....and anyone else who wants to ride!

You know what to do folks!

QUOTE]

Hey! A ride. Better go amourall my tires and seat:eek::spank::spank::ban:.

Oi! Jamie! I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to start to use a ride rating system. Just so's people find it easier to make up their minds if they want to go on rides.

Like a 1 to 5 :rockon:.

1. being perfect for the novice rider, and taking pictures etc. Don't worry if you haven't given your bike a completely thorough going over as long as you've done your basic checks. eg. A cruise out to Lala's for some races.

2. being good for the novice to learn to start leaning a bit, or a brisk scenic ride for a coffee....more about the destination. eg. A cruise up to Strath or similar for a coffee.

3. being spirited through twisties, but should be OK for most folks and no going nuts on the straight bits. Should be good for experienced pillions. eg. A run up Lobie Road for a coffee.

4. Zooming through the twistys, without squirming the tires, and might wanna think about Leathers. eg. Doing Lobie road, Montacute road, The Eagle and stopping for fuel and a cold drink, 'cause you'll need it...lol...or the 'D' road.

5. being perfect for wearing out your pegs and scraping your pucks at 230. Check your pressures, check tires for splits, fissures, stakes etc. A complete walk around checking bolts and components:BLAA:,:BLAA:,:BLAA: Really need to be wearing Leathers...lol. eg. The 'D' road on a high speed run.

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers
Mike

Anyone up for a ride Tomoz morning???? Setting off from my joint at about 10.30am.....could meet up at Macca's at Darlington from 10.45am....Hills run, with Mikey.....and anyone else who wants to ride!

:rockon:

Not this weekend. Finally get some time to spend with the family. Bloody work has been stupid lately.

Stay safe out there guys.

:rockon:

Hey! Gonna head out and wash my bike in a coulple of hours. Anyone keen for a quick night ride? Followed by massaging tanks and seats and rubbing the pipes.......on second thought, maybe I should do this alone:eek::spank::spank::spank::ban::D

QUOTE]

Hey! A ride. Better go amourall my tires and seat:eek::spank::spank::ban:.

Oi! Jamie! I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to start to use a ride rating system. Just so's people find it easier to make up their minds if they want to go on rides.

Like a 1 to 5 :rockon:.

1. being perfect for the novice rider, and taking pictures etc. Don't worry if you haven't given your bike a completely thorough going over as long as you've done your basic checks. eg. A cruise out to Lala's for some races.

2. being good for the novice to learn to start leaning a bit, or a brisk scenic ride for a coffee....more about the destination. eg. A cruise up to Strath or similar for a coffee.

3. being spirited through twisties, but should be OK for most folks and no going nuts on the straight bits. Should be good for experienced pillions. eg. A run up Lobie Road for a coffee.

4. Zooming through the twistys, without squirming the tires, and might wanna think about Leathers. eg. Doing Lobie road, Montacute road, The Eagle and stopping for fuel and a cold drink, 'cause you'll need it...lol...or the 'D' road.

5. being perfect for wearing out your pegs and scraping your pucks at 230. Check your pressures, check tires for splits, fissures, stakes etc. A complete walk around checking bolts and components:BLAA:,:BLAA:,:BLAA: Really need to be wearing Leathers...lol. eg. The 'D' road on a high speed run.

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers
Mike

I believe that some other group used this system and it failed terribly... most rides turning into 5s! lol.

I believe that some other group used this system and it failed terribly... most rides turning into 5s! lol.

That's up to us to prevent really...lol. If I post up a three, then a three I will ride. I'm not ever likely to post up a one....but if I did then I would ride a one. I spent more than one day riding herd on some learners from the RSA forum, and got no complaints. Everyone could keep up on their 250's and in places where I knew the road was crud I actually slowed them down.

The education of new riders is something I take pretty seriously, as I like to see everyone have a good time. It's up to the individual to decide what they are comfortable with, but it can help to follow another rider through a bend to see how far over you can lean and just how fast you can go through the turn. If people extend themselves just a tiny bit further each time, they will improve. Especially with an experienced rider in front of them pacing them to make sure they don't extend too far.

The Real Riders forum, uses this and it isn't too bad. Most times if a 3 or less is posted, then you won't see certain riders on that ride. They are not interested.

We could try it and see....or we can just accept that it will fail without trying it. Most of the complaints I've seen are from folk asking why there isn't more slower rides posted. The answer to which is pretty easy. If you want to do a 3 ride. Post it...lol. Don't expect the 4 and 5 riders to post up for everyone else all the time, although that isn't too much of an issue here as we don't have large numbers of FZ6 folk.

Today was a :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: with the occasional slip into the 5's but noone else came so it didn't really matter.:D

Cheers
Mike

This is true mikey and tbh I respect that.

Good example is when I came for a ride and you held back with me for quite a ways.

I know my ability is not at a 5 level but I like to push it on sections i know well.

Todays ride was freakin great....short but very very sweet...definitely a 4, but we did touch 5 for a few minutes...my tyres are goo for the 2nd time in a fortnight!!!

Best part about it was that it was effortless, both riders know their bikes, and trust their tyres, and don't need to "compete" with each other...

We were not silly, we didn't put others at risk, we didn't really put ourselves at risk...

The problems start when people try to ride beyond their own personal limits!

That bothers me...and as mikey has stated, I too am all for educating newer riders, not pushing them!

I like the rating system, and will happily stick to it!

This is true mikey and tbh I respect that.

Good example is when I came for a ride and you held back with me for quite a ways.

I know my ability is not at a 5 level but I like to push it on sections i know well.

Mate, to keep up as well as you did on your wee beastie you were doing an awesome job. Never had to wait for more than a minute or so at intersections, and you're on a 250, chasing 600's:rockon:. I know that I take off hard through turns and twists, but each time you get to an intersection, there should be at least one rider waiting for you, so you don't have to guess where the others have gone, and so that if you were to have a problem or something you're not stuck there for ages, so if I'm on a ride with smaller bikes or slower riders I'll definitely take my turn (and then some usually) in hanging back, but I do like to go hard now and then so it's nice when someone else can step up and fill in for a little while, now and then.

The other thing in your favour is that you know how to get from A to B in the hills. One of the biggest problems with getting left behind on a group ride is that lots of folk know where they are supposed to end up, but haven't got a clue how to get there.

Todays ride was freakin great....short but very very sweet...definitely a 4, but we did touch 5 for a few minutes...my tyres are goo for the 2nd time in a fortnight!!!

Best part about it was that it was effortless, both riders know their bikes, and trust their tyres, and don't need to "compete" with each other...

We were not silly, we didn't put others at risk, we didn't really put ourselves at risk...

The problems start when people try to ride beyond their own personal limits!

That bothers me...and as mikey has stated, I too am all for educating newer riders, not pushing them!

I like the rating system, and will happily stick to it!

Sweet ride today. Took some lesser trafficked roads and there was only a few nasty patches of gravel.

I put my camera in it's housing in front of the Evaporative duct again and it fogged up in the sun so there isn't a huge amount of video...lol...oops!:spank::spank::BLAA:

I scraped up the heat heat shield on my stock muffler today too:eek:....lol. Another oops!...lol.:rockon:

And yes the tires did manage to get a little warm eventually....lol.:D

Cheers
Mike

Have to post this up...

I Have a Bridgestone BT002 on the rear of my bike, and a Bridgestone BT003 on the front of my bike......basically road legal track tyres, which i inherited off Mikey from when he did a track day on his ol FZ6....

These tyres are simply brilliant....cant tell you how much i like them, they heat up real quick, stick like poop to a blanket, give awesome amounts of feedback, and are very easily controllable when sliding about under hard usage....

Anyway, i have been for a couple of decent sport rides on these things now, and i love this next photo.....the rear after last Saturday morning's little chug through the hills!

View attachment 25180

:Sport:

I still say you could ride through a tunnel upside down on the roof...lol. They are the perfect FZ6 track tire IMHO, and awesome on the road as long as you're patient enough to wait a few minutes for them to get nice and sticky.:D

Cheers
Mike

I still say you could ride through a tunnel upside down on the roof...lol. They are the perfect FZ6 track tire IMHO, and awesome on the road as long as you're patient enough to wait a few minutes for them to get nice and sticky.:D

Cheers
Mike

And I have not had the chance to use them on the track as yet!!! Can't wait for that day!

Now to matters more pressing...is anyone up for a ride in the morning...say, about 11.30-12ish...Saturday morning that is...I have a need to ride...been getting not nearly enough lately!! Plus I need to wear out these tyres before I put new hoops on to ride to PI with Mikey on Thursday!

And I have not had the chance to use them on the track as yet!!! Can't wait for that day!

Now to matters more pressing...is anyone up for a ride in the morning...say, about 11.30-12ish...Saturday morning that is...I have a need to ride...been getting not nearly enough lately!! Plus I need to wear out these tyres before I put new hoops on to ride to PI with Mikey on Thursday!

Riding bikes is for girls:eek:.

Count me in *Falsetto voice*:D

Back