Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't join you guys either, nice weather, so I'm obligated to start painting the house.

Oh, and I have a shiny new iPhone to learn and play with...lol.
Stay safe out there boys.

:rockon:

Off to the Skyshow tonight, after they open the gates at 6:30 for the general public. Made my daughters day, she wanted to see the Aussie Idol singers (yawn), wasn't going to pay $72 for her to go to the race and whinge all day. Nice of them to combine the Skyshow and let us poor people in for free.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't join you guys either, nice weather, so I'm obligated to start painting the house.

Oh, and I have a shiny new iPhone to learn and play with...lol.
Stay safe out there boys.

Off to the Skyshow tonight, after they open the gates at 6:30 for the general public. Made my daughters day, she wanted to see the Aussie Idol singers (yawn), wasn't going to pay $72 for her to go to the race and whinge all day. Nice of them to combine the Skyshow and let us poor people in for free.

Wow! I didnt know that the Skyshow was free tonight! That's awesome, might just pour the tinlids & missus into the car, and go have a look, before work...

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wont be making it down, too much amber fluid last night dont want to risk it on the road.

Well we there till about 1pm, before we hit the frog & toad for a decent blat!

I think we covered about 180km's, which consisted of the twisties...was meant to be a casual blat, but Gazza seemed to forget that, and on a couple of occasions, he took off like a cut snake.....i didnt follow, and i think Mikey kept a safe distance back too...

Having said that, the roads where quite warm yesterday, and the ol tyres got a bit squirmy, and i had lots of rear end slides, and rather more scarily, a couple of decent front end slides!!!! i think's i either needed a bit more air in the front tyre....i put the front pressure down to 33.3ps before we left, or my front hoop is deaded!!!!! cause i was going reasonably hard...level 3ish, but that normally doesnt mean scary front end slides....

I also had a moment coming into the very steep downhill, low speed corner, where i got on the brakes so hard, and loaded the front so much, that the forks bottomed out, and the bike just went straight on...lucky the old 7/10th's rule was in place, and i had plenty of time to pullthe ol bike up, and get around the corner...

But this does make me think, that it may be time to stiffen up the front with some heavier springs!!!!

Cause at the moment, the front forks in my road going FZ6, are from the ol' FZ6 Cup bike, and are set up for a lightweight, Amy O'Mara, who most probably rode the bike a hell of a lot harder in race guise, but also weigh's about 50kg's less than me.

have left re-springing the bike, cause it's soft nature, is great in nearly all situations, re comfort, but i think the time has come to get it set up for my fat lard ar$e!!! like the rear is...

Other than this, it was an enjoyable ride, made even better, by the fact that there were very few carts on the road, due to the fact that most cagers where either at the V8's, or at home, watching the V8's...

But it might be time to get Gazza to the track...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well we there till about 1pm, before we hit the frog & toad for a decent blat!

I think we covered about 180km's, which consisted of the twisties...was meant to be a casual blat, but Gazza seemed to forget that, and on a couple of occasions, he took off like a cut snake.....i didnt follow, and i think Mikey kept a safe distance back too...

Having said that, the roads where quite warm yesterday, and the ol tyres got a bit squirmy, and i had lots of rear end slides, and rather more scarily, a couple of decent front end slides!!!! i think's i either needed a bit more air in the front tyre....i put the front pressure down to 33.3ps before we left, or my front hoop is deaded!!!!! cause i was going reasonably hard...level 3ish, but that normally doesnt mean scary front end slides....

I also had a moment coming into the very steep downhill, low speed corner, where i got on the brakes so hard, and loaded the front so much, that the forks bottomed out, and the bike just went straight on...lucky the old 7/10th's rule was in place, and i had plenty of time to pullthe ol bike up, and get around the corner...

But this does make me think, that it may be time to stiffen up the front with some heavier springs!!!!

Cause at the moment, the front forks in my road going FZ6, are from the ol' FZ6 Cup bike, and are set up for a lightweight, Amy O'Mara, who most probably rode the bike a hell of a lot harder in race guise, but also weigh's about 50kg's less than me.

have left re-springing the bike, cause it's soft nature, is great in nearly all situations, re comfort, but i think the time has come to get it set up for my fat lard ar$e!!! like the rear is...

Other than this, it was an enjoyable ride, made even better, by the fact that there were very few carts on the road, due to the fact that most cagers where either at the V8's, or at home, watching the V8's...

But it might be time to get Gazza to the track...

Yup. He needs to whip out his yayas I think and the track is the place to do that (or in the comfort of your own home:eek:). I saw a couple of shortcutting corner moves by him and the dude he was chasing (thought he musta stole his smokes...lol.) so I just rolled off a touch, and dropped back outta sight....lol...I like to ride pretty hard, but I'm awake up to the fact that too many 'tards are coming 'round bends in my lane to make it safe to go balls out:(.

As for slides, my well squared off Phillip Island tire was slipping and sliding like a :confused:...........like a slippy slidey thing:BLAA:...lol. Of course I was going in slow and coming out hard to try and make it round again...lol. It actually doesn't look too bad now, considering that flat strip was about 3 inches wide before:D.

On another note....WTF is it with owners of Utes? Had both a Ford and Holden ute wanting an education on my way back from your place...lol...If I was going hard and they tried to keep up that'd be one thing, but I was just cruising and ended up with one on my @$$ and his offsider next to me, revving it up (and getting crossed up).......What a couple of tools....lol.... I don't like playing games with cars so I'd much rather speed than have one of these w4nk3rs run over me. The last they would've seen of me was the sparks coming off my pegs going up Ohalloran Hill. By the top they were out of sight (even though I slowed down to make sure I didn't get a fast riding award). Guess it was the Races. Same sort of people who die jumping off a roof 'cause they just watched Superman:rolleyes:.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On another note....WTF is it with owners of Utes? Had both a Ford and Holden ute wanting an education on my way back from your place...lol...If I was going hard and they tried to keep up that'd be one thing, but I was just cruising and ended up with one on my @$$ and his offsider next to me, revving it up (and getting crossed up).......What a couple of tools....lol.... I don't like playing games with cars so I'd much rather speed than have one of these w4nk3rs run over me. The last they would've seen of me was the sparks coming off my pegs going up Ohalloran Hill. By the top they were out of sight (even though I slowed down to make sure I didn't get a fast riding award). Guess it was the Races. Same sort of people who die jumping off a roof 'cause they just watched Superman:rolleyes:.

Yes, you gotta love it when the Clipsal is on.....lots of leo wanker's in Holden's & Ford's, carrying on like they are all Alan Moffat, & Peter Brock at Bathurst!

Had one last night, on the way back from Gazza's in an SS Commodore...mine was much easier though, i just got away at the lights, between 2 cars, and he was a distant memory...

Didnt even have to speed in the end, just show him, one of the advantages of a vbike, thaty we can get through slow traffic, much, much easier, and without danger.

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone up for a ride this weekend.....i reckon i have got one more ride left in my tyres before i need to go get some new rubber!

Am planning on heading out on Sunday morning for Brunch at Strathalbyn!

Anyone keen?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Already booked in for Saturday. Sunday forecast is windy, rain developing. Was going to be wiring up power for the roller doors Saturday, and riding Sunday, but Gaz rang. 'D' Road:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Already booked in for Saturday. Sunday forecast is windy, rain developing. Was going to be wiring up power for the roller doors Saturday, and riding Sunday, but Gaz rang. 'D' Road:rockon:

I wasnt asking about Saturday!!!! I have kids! If it's raining on Sunday, or even looks like rain.....i wont be riding...have not spent freakin hours detailing my bike this week, just to get it trashed....

Yes i know i am a princess!

But i gotta say this, i am well hanging for a decent ride! Enjoy the "D" road you Bastarge! Funny how Gazza never rings me about these rides anymore...obviously the FZ6 doesnt have enough cred!!!!

:(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wasnt asking about Saturday!!!! I have kids! If it's raining on Sunday, or even looks like rain.....i wont be riding...have not spent freakin hours detailing my bike this week, just to get it trashed....

Yes i know i am a princess!

But i gotta say this, i am well hanging for a decent ride! Enjoy the "D" road you Bastarge! Funny how Gazza never rings me about these rides anymore...obviously the FZ6 doesnt have enough cred!!!!

Worst thing about the Saturday rides is the early morning phone calls (about half an hour before the alarm is gonna go off anyhow...lol.

Keep an eye peeled up at Strath dude, 'cause it's kinda like Victor. Has its own weather. Sun will be out and it'll be magnificent, then when you head back you ride into the rain. That's why I gave the weather warning...lol...I've got an idea how much time was spent on your bike in the last week or so:D

Oh....and you won't catch me riding in the rain unless I get caught out. Princess or not, rain rides deteriorate the finish of the matte black bits no end.:( Gotta keep my bike nice and clean for my appointment with the plastic inspectors.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oing for a ride on Sunday.....The big fella (Silverback), his buddy on his Honda Pirate bike, myself, and i reckon, Mikey might be up for a spin, as may Grunpy Gazza, who has actually been quite chirpy since he became a dad recently...

If anyone wants to join us....i dunno details yet, but we are going out on Sunday...will involve lots of corners, big lunch somewhere, probably a few jokes about Matty's (Silverback's) gaff taped flouro orange AGV boots! And most definitely a fun day....

so if your keen people, let me know, and i will post details as they come to hand.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Going for another ride today....weather is gonna be cool, but fine, no rain....heading out about lunchtime for a decent cruise through the hills...most probably a gentle one...

if any of you SA boys see this before then, and are interested....ring me, you all have my number...i think!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have fun out there Jamie. I'm sitting here suffering from the flu, and doubt I would make a decent riding buddy.... Especially if I have to pull over and clean the inside of the visor every 5 mins after sneezing.

Stay safe mate.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, Mikey and myself ended up going for a very gentle ride today....We went for a blat out to Strath...and we took it VERY easy on the way there, then whilst i drank my Coffee, and Mikey drank his glass of cold milk, with a tea bag in it...we met these 2 guys on Ducati's...They hooked up with us for the ride back to Adelaide...I thought i was on the Toy Run! :eek:

Slow, we were pulling away with one hand on the bars going through corners, and were sitting 20km's/h under the speed limit on the straight bits...still could'nt see them!

Hope your feeling better soon, Dave!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof::rof::rof:It was kinda like that:rof::rof::rof:

It was a lot like that! :spank:

Anyway....next weekend, if the weather is good, i reckon it's time for a decent ride!!!!!

About 300km's would be nice! Anyone keen???

Sunday....cant do Saturday! and from noon...no early start for me! :D

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely bloody beautiful out on the bike today folks....just got back from a nice little blat through the hills to get a pie!

Weather is supposed to be good again tomorrow, so i am going out again...if anyone is interested...will be after lunch...bout 1pm...medium paced chug through the hills i reckon...