Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did the jumper as motogiro said and noticed that the low beam had no volts when the switch was set to low beam, testing the high beam wire it had 12 volt!!!! WTF

so i put another jumper on the high beam wire swapped them and BAM it works!!!!!

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
MOTOGIRO
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Very cool! :D

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
agreeded... the website said the Kelvin rating was a step down. so that the 8000k should be closer to the 6000k, and the 6000k would be closer to the 4000k so thats why i went with the 8000k.

That sounds like marketing speak.....

It's like buying a thermometer that reads 20* lower than the actual temperature.

8000k is 8000k - otherwise it would be called 6000k.

Cheers,
Rick

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
i think i might try the 6000k later on. id like look into the projectors but from other threads there seems to not be a quality projector out there. any ideas??

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The thing about projectors, is you have to take your headlight out and stick it in the oven to release the glue holding the lens on.

Now, enough people have apparently done that successfully, but knowing my luck, I'd toast my headlight!

I reckon if done correctly, the benefits of fitting an HID system in the existing reflectors outweigh the slightly better, smoother light from projectors. (ease of install - you only have to lift the tank and take the inner fairing off, speed of install - see previous point, better, less diffused light etc)

Each to his or her own, but I know what I'm doing. (when I get time!)

Cheers,
Rick