HID kit buddy?

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm entertaining the idea of getting an HID kit with projector lense, but I'm kinda turned off by the idea of having doubles of everything. Anyone, preferably someone with a better knowledge of what is involved, who would want to get the kit and split parts cost? Once again, just throwing it out there to see if anyone is interested.

I am converting to naked...
I am looking to use a projector.

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Doubles? Your FZ6 has the dual headlight fairing? Pairs are better! Run each ballast of it's own power supply and fused relay so if you ever loose a lamp while riding at night you don't end up dead! This is no joke, it is very unsafe to ride at night with only one headlamp bulb on any motorcycle, especially aftermarket halogen or cheaper HID kits which have a tendency to last anywhere from a month to a few years.

EDIT: Just saw this was in streetfighter section. With only one lamp I would get the highest quality possible.

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a full kit (i.e. from TheRetrofitSource, I'd recommend going through FZRblack if you go this route, he can get you a slight discount) then you should be fine getting the same type of bulb.

Afaik, the individual bulb types only matter if you don't get the projectors, but if you don't get the projectors they're kind of useless. The p/o of my bike did not install projectors and it irks me terribly so, this winter I'll be doing the full projector retrofit.

Doubles? Your FZ6 has the dual headlight fairing? Pairs are better! Run each ballast of it's own power supply and fused relay so if you ever loose a lamp while riding at night you don't end up dead! This is no joke, it is very unsafe to ride at night with only one headlamp bulb on any motorcycle, especially aftermarket halogen or cheaper HID kits which have a tendency to last anywhere from a month to a few years.
I think he meant having two H7s and two H4s, essentially paying for two kits.